Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Taking bike out of hiber 03 Feb 2022 05:20 #861704

• crusierlover
  • crusierlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Im paying on my 82 650 csr. Once i get more paid i can bring it home from sellers house.right now we are covered with snow. Its at his house with a tarp over it. I am guessing it will be there another month. I want to go there weeklly and start it.probably wont be able to. So here is my plan: unlad it at my house. Take tank loose and dump it out.then reinstall. Check airfilter.blow it out or replace. Float bowls have a screw that can be removed to drain carbs? I have a manual for kawasaki 4s.not 650 specific. Put clean gas in. Maybe pour seafoam into gas? Start run and ride as weather permits.its supposed to be 53 in a few days.all input appreciated 
Proud owner of 1982 650csr again soon. keeping it this time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Taking bike out of hiber 03 Feb 2022 07:34 #861714

• H1Vindicator
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45
fuel stabilizer is a sound idea.  try to find gasoline without ethanol. if fuel has ethanol, then get the correct stabilizer. fogging oil would be good for the cylinders & mufflers. running it a few minutes probably does more harm than good as condensation will form.
if the bike can't be ridden:  I know it's cold but normally you would use a fan to cool the exhaust pipes & carry away excess engine heat when the engine starts warming up.  without a fan you'd probably want to keep the idle well below 2000 rpms so that the pipes don't turn blue. probably need to run it for a good 20 minutes at idle to reach full operating temp.  before starting, fog or add some oil to each cylinder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crusierlover, KZmarcel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by H1Vindicator.
  • Page: