As some of you know, I have been working on my KZ440 for about 2 years now. I thought it was running pretty well. The couple of issues I had left to fix were that I could never quite get the air/fuel mixture set right(always lean on one and rich on the other) and the annoying tick it made when running. The last issue I asked for help was the broken bolt in the head. I fixed that by getting a new head from a friend. Then while finishing up with the new head install, I was tightening up the last bolt. This was on the chain adjuster. Turning it in was easy enough but it never tightened. Stripped? Oh no, bolt was so weak that it broke without ever getting any torque on it that I felt. So I got a ahold of the guy I bought the head from and asked him to ship me the cylinder jugs. While we were chatting, he mentioned that he was ready to sell the motor that I had been asking about. Sold! The motor is from a 1980. It has somewhere between 1300-1500 miles on it. (interesting back story to that) I spent a couple of weeks with a Dremel, brass brushes, sand paper, and polish getting it cleaned up. Installed it and it started right up. What a difference. No weird noises. Pulls smoothly in all gears. Has 149 & 150 lbs compression. I am one happy rider.
The picture of the advance cover was taken right after I removed the cover to turn it by hand.
I do have the jugs coming as well and will get into the other motor sometime in the future.