• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
pumps wrote:

What does "HOV" stand for?

??? High Occupancy Vehicle ??? :huh:
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stupid Riders 28 Jul 2007 13:35 #160330

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
HOV is a lane designated for carpoolers, to promote carpooling on some highways. You can only use it if there is more than one person in the car. If you live near one long enough you'll get to see neat things, like people driving with a mannaquin in the car, or a wig on the headrest.. :laugh:

Stupid Riders 28 Jul 2007 17:27 #160360

• DesertWizardB1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
On a recent trip to California I encountered many lane splitters while driving thru San Francisco and heading south on Highway 1. When I returned home I told a friend and he said he thought it was legal to split lanes in California. Is that true??
Len

77 KZ 1000 LTD Original Owner

Stupid Riders 28 Jul 2007 18:38 #160378

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
DesertWizardB1 wrote:

...he said he thought it was legal to split lanes in California. Is that true??

Yep. It, like many things, can be used for the forces of good or evil...

;)
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Stupid Riders 28 Jul 2007 20:33 #160412

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Coming home from work yesterday on I-15 and saw a kid on a crotch rocket come up on my ass and then let his hands off the bars to do something with his jacket or helmet. Of course as he was doing this he slowed down and I saw the car behind him hit his brakes but then he got back on the throttle and came up along side me and then brought the front end up at 75mph and held it up as he took off. About 5 cars up he dropped the front end and cut off a car so he could get off at his exit! These kids think they are supermen, stupid!:angry:
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

Stupid Riders 28 Jul 2007 20:53 #160424

• abilane78
  • User
  • Brought to you today by the letters K and Z.
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently embarrassed a squid on a GSXR. He walked over where Mellvis and I were working on the 650's (yes, together) and said, oh, a pair of Kawa Suckies huh? and I looked over and said oh, a pair of bermuda shorts and flip flops huh? Then I looked at Mellvis and said (effin) squid. I spend a couple minutes telling him just how my LTD was so like Mellvis' SR and the various ways they are different. Then I explained to him how I'd take a vintage KZ over ANY Susssuckie any day. Then I added, oh, and by the way, nice full face helmet. I like how it's even painted to match your little bike. What is it, about a 250 or something. Before he left he decided he just simply HAD to do a burnout... Then I told him, since he had brought my neighbor's 16 year old son home on the back, that no matter who you are, brothers, cousins, friends, whatever, you just look TOTALLY GAYYYYYAYAYAYAYAY! with a dude on the back of your bike.
KZ is Japanese for COOL!!!

Morrow, Ohio

Mom
Wife
Teacher