Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Stupid Riders 25 Jul 2007 08:56 #159501

• Virii
  • Virii's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
To mirror the Stupid Drivers post in chit chat, I have a beef about some Stupid Riders I've seen lately.

So here I was on I-5, doing just around 65, minding my own business as usual and trying to avoid being creamed by the onslaught of SUV's that seem to constantly want to weave back and forth just as they approach me...as usual. About the time that I got past all the congestion created of a series of onramp/offramps, I see a couple bikes in my rear view and boy ... I'm already pushing the speed limit by a few they're sure gaining on me fast.

Zipping up next to me comes some kid on his blue R6. He's got his full face helmet on and his leather gloves which nicely compliment the cutoff shorts, t-shirt and sandals he's sporting. He looks over at me, fixes his gaze and gives me a couple good revs which elicits my eye rolling "Thanks for thinking of me but I'm really not interested".

Seems simple enough, let's leave well enough alone. Oh, but it's not simple enough, is it? At this point, he's still staring at me and seems like he hasn't looked at the road for at least a good minute or two. Out of the corner of my eye I see him look back and wave his friend up next to him before standing up. I'm sure you know what's coming.

He downshifts, guns it and accelerates hard, jerks his bars up and proceeds to barrel down the interstate demonstrating his cool factor with what must have been 1/4 mile wheelie at probably 75-80 mph.

I don't like to think bad thoughts of others on the road, especially those who ride but you're giving us a bad name and reifying the notion that sport bikes are ridden by idiots. It's a shame because I've met some really respectable people with very nice sport bikes and I'm sure they don't appreciate it. I can't help but think that you're asking for it, buddy. One of these SUV's is going to freak out or be distracted and weave over enough to make you panic and down you go. A big part of me wants to say "Serves you right" and a ever smaller part of me feels guilty thinking it.
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stupid Riders 25 Jul 2007 09:18 #159504

• DasTeufel
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
There is an abundance of those types in SoCal. Too many to list!
2009 KTM 690 SMC
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2001 Suzuki GSXR 750

Wildomar, CA

Stupid Riders 25 Jul 2007 09:49 #159518

• anarki650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Stupid is as stupid does!! I can't stand the squids either, and you can't even count on natural selection to weed them out of the gene pool...
09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

Stupid Riders 25 Jul 2007 12:46 #159562

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Wolfie...You just have to think of karma,and eventually these Guys DO get grounded from their bikes.Either by their Daddys or the law.:laugh:

And the ones that DON'T get grounded?...eventually,they become organ-donors.

Sad but true.;)
(and no,not the Metallica song,lol)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Stupid Riders 25 Jul 2007 12:59 #159565

• anarki650
  • User
I just saw one on the way home from the store with my 1 year old son almost rear end a truck stopped at a stop light...aparently there was a really troubling fleck of dirt on the side plastic on his zx10r that just HAD to be spit shined before he got to the gym (that's where he ended up going) so he starts rubbing away with his clutch hand, not minding the road, and barely, and I mean BARELY stops before he rear ends a stopped truck. I just had to laugh.
09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

Stupid Riders 25 Jul 2007 14:07 #159591

• quader98
  • User
It's not just the young dudes on sport bikes,i had a dude with gray hair this morning talegate me while in traffic and as soon as traffic slowed up he passed me on the right between cars and then went on the shoulder to pass another one.if it wasent for the sound of his pipes and him popping in and out of my side mirror i would have never known he was there...what are you gonna do
Ernie from central jersey
82 GPZ 750 R1
looking to part out my 81 KZ750E2

Stupid Riders 26 Jul 2007 07:10 #159792

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Last year, my wife and I were on IH10 in the pickup going to pick up a bike in either Florida or Louisiana (can't remember which trip it was) and a bike came up on our tail REAL FAST... we were going over 70 mph. The rider was sitting on the handlebars with his feet dangling around the front wheel. He passed us. Going real fast. He had a helmet and leathers on and had a roll bungeed to the seat and seemed to be going interstate as well... sitting on the handlebars. At over 70 mph. Not sure if it is against the law but I doubt many folks think of doing this... guess he might have been tring to relieve some saddle burn. Can't imagine stopping real fast like that. What a way to tour the interstate!
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Stupid Riders 26 Jul 2007 07:34 #159793

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
wiredgeorge wrote:
The rider was sitting on the handlebars with his feet dangling around the front wheel.

Riding on the handle bars? last time I tried that I was eight and I still have rocks working out of my left elbow. Maybe he was one of those kids who really could pogo stick down three flights of stairs:cheer:
77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

Stupid Riders 26 Jul 2007 09:01 #159806

• Faughn
  • User
  • Don't drink the Kool-aid!
  • Thank you received: 0
anarki650 wrote:

Stupid is as stupid does!! I can't stand the squids either, and you can't even count on natural selection to weed them out of the gene pool...

Well not quickly enough anyway... I see that crap daily even up here in the desert.

I saw a young kid ( with cool mo-hawk glued to his helmet) in town, in traffic riding down the road sitting on his tank with his feet out over the handlebars. And another riding down the road side-saddle.

The only time I have ever tried any of those moves... it wasn't intentional. :woohoo: :laugh:

Another good example of what to do wrong. A guy that works near where I do, has never ridden a bike before and decides to get one. He goes and gets the BIGGEST Vulcan he can find. I was behind him coming into work a while back and we were going through a gentle left hand sweeper and he turned into about 20 small turns, where he would lean a little, stand it back up, and repeat as necessary until he was going straight again.

Stupid Riders 26 Jul 2007 17:55 #159941

• z1rick
  • User
I was driving my cage, I was in the right lane with my right turn signal on, a squid passed me on the right, as I was about to turn! Lucky for him I watch out for idiots like him...
Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

Stupid Riders 26 Jul 2007 20:53 #159981

• pumps
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Ok now on a humorous note. hopped on my ol Yamaha jalopy XS650 for a trip to the local Lowes hardware store. On the way back saw a guy on a harley pass the intersection I was approaching and when I made my turn I saw I would be next to him at the light, him going straight and me turning left. I pull up and say hello hows it going nice night for a ride.He looks at me, my 30 yr old 650 twin yamaha I'm riding and mumbles something.Then revs his engine to be ready for the light to change and surely to impress me.green light, he dumps the clutch and kills it. Quickly starts it up and tears off. Humiliated I bet! I laughed all the way home.:woohoo:
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

Stupid Riders 26 Jul 2007 21:04 #159985

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
Had a guy do the exact same thing to me on the garden state parkway, doin 70-75, pulled up next and pulled a hairy wheelie. Everyone knows, not every wheelie is gonna end up with your front end on the ground, some is eventually gonna put YOU on the ground.. As for the newer sportbike guys, they seem to be worse than the harley guys when it comes to other riders. Rarely get a wave back from the sportbike guys.