Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Would there be any interest? 24 Jul 2007 21:33 #159394

• sparkchaser
  • sparkchaser's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm wondering if there would be any interest in the bike I finished awhile back. It was an '82 KZ440 LTD. I had gone through it completely. New paint many NOS parts, powder coated frame. It can be sen in the gallery.
I've been checking ebay to see what the interest would be. It seems kinda luke warm. Parts seemed to have more interest when I was working on this project then there is now. I figured with the price of gas small bikes would have some serious interest.
I also have an uncompleted '81 KZ440 that I'm getting ready to finish. It too has new paint, powder coated frame and wheels. Many NOS parts.
I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth finishing and trying to sell or if it would be better to part it out.
I have'nt been on this site much lately, so any info on how the market is out there would help. I have a car project that I would like to concentrate on and also work to be done on my house.
Sorry this is so long. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

Post edited by: sparkchaser, at: 2007/07/25 00:34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would there be any interest? 25 Jul 2007 05:40 #159441

• cnyl
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Where are you located and what kind of price are you thinking? Have some friends that might be interested.;)
1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

Would there be any interest? 25 Jul 2007 06:01 #159449

• newbikekiller
  • User
I agree, the interest for 440 and smaller bikes is lukewarm at best.

I think that with where you are now (new paint) you are probably best to finish or find a good stopping point.

I don't believe make 440's is a money making proposition unless you can do it REAL cheap!

Better off trying to make a 900/1000 to stock or if thats not easy w/ all the trimmings. Those bad boys go for a lot when they are shiny and aren't impossible to find in running but rough shape for $500 sometimes!

Would there be any interest? 25 Jul 2007 15:06 #159605

• sparkchaser
  • sparkchaser's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
I know these aren't money makers, I'm just looking to get some of my money back out of them.
The first one was given to my Dad as a gift, but he does'nt have time to ride it. It's in Columbus, OH. We're asking $2k with over $3k into it. I know a little overkill. It still needs to be broken in and have a little tweaking.
The other should turn out nicer, but I'll have a little less in it.

Would there be any interest? 26 Jul 2007 05:51 #159771

• cnyl
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
$2K... That's alot of cha ching for a 440. In my opinion.;)
1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

• Page: