TOPIC:

And On A Totally Unrelated Subject....Kinda 21 Jul 2007 22:55 #158562

• H2RICK
  • H2RICK's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1
Dad, Sonny and Son-In-Law ride into the bike salvage yard (where I work) on:
Dad on a big black HD dresser of some kind (they all look the same to me ;) )
Sonny on a 82 KZ1000J in visibly nice shape
Son-In-Law on a 81 KZ750LTD also in visibly nice shape
They are headed from eastern Alberta to Oregon on a 2 week ride and camp trip. Great !!! Wish I was going with them !!
Unfortunately Sonny's 1000 has a few probs: bad coils, crud in tank, leaky carbs. So the boss buys it from Sonny and the three of them roar off to the big-box dealership down the hill from our yard to look for a more modern ride for Sonny. They come back in about 30 minutes or so all pumped about some kind of FZ1 something or other....who cares it's a brand y.....right?? :P Since this is late Saturday aft they can't make the purchase....finance companies not working, etc.
Now they have no place to go and they're short one bike.
I offer to put them up at my place since I have a big back yard and they can camp there until Monday morning when the big box store opens back up. They follow me home, we barbecue a bunch of things drink lotsa beer and have a nice weekend. They, of course, want to know all about my Bandit and I manage to do some "advertising" for the Bandit, along the way.
Monday morning bright and early we're off to the big box store so Sonny can conclude the deal on the brand y slug.
I go into the store with them and guess what's sitting next to the brand y slug ???.....wait for it.......
a lightly used '06 Bandit 1200.....in maroon, yet......and 20 frame numbers higher than mine. Is this cosmic serendipity er whut ??
However, being the smart "missionary" that I am, I keep my mouth shut and leave the boys to figure things out on their own. I leave them there and head off to work.
Hmmm....it's now 2:00 PM and they still haven't showed up at my work and I still have a bunch of their gear in my truck. I wonder if they forgot the gear, bought a bike and just hit the road again ???
Finally at ~4:00 PM they show up with big grins. Guess what Sonny bought ??? No points for guessing the Bandit....it was too easy.
Now if I just had the space at my place to keep that J in......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: