Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wondering 05 Jul 2007 15:29 #154924

• iamstryc9
  • iamstryc9's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
While perusing the site and hearing so much about bugs hitting you, rain, sleet, mailboxes, I was wondering if anyone else ever got hit by a bat on the road?

To be fair...he didnt hit me...while going around 40 mph, one dive bombed me...missed, broke my mirror though.

Stupid bats.

Anyone else??

( If hit by monkey, giraffe, e.t.c. thats also worth noting.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wondering 05 Jul 2007 15:39 #154926

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
I had a chicken try to run me off the side of the road once.

Okay, in fairness, it kinda flew (..if you can call it that) out of a bush on the side of the road and I was caught off guard.

Oh, and I give my neighbors chijuajua a good run down the road whenever I find it taking a dump in my yard. Does that count?

Post edited by: Virii, at: 2007/07/05 18:39
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

wondering 05 Jul 2007 15:47 #154928

• sheik*yerbouti
  • User
A turkey spent the weekend confidently walking out in front of bikers on NC28 between Deals Gap (NC129) and the Fontana Resort during my trip to the national SVRider.com rally down there last year. We called him the '28turkey' like a forum handle. He would sit patiently at the edge of the road, and then walk right out into the middle of the lane and stop when bikes approached. It was a miracle he survived the weekend.

The last Sunday of the rally, i got caught in a total downpour and was on my way back to the hotel and forgot that i was coming up on "turkey bend" and i locked up of the front of my Triumph Speed Four and barely fought off it's desire to go to the left steering stop, recovered, got off the brake, kicked a little swerve and missed him by inches, all the while he was flapping his wings and moving his head up and down...probably laughing! :pinch:

wondering 05 Jul 2007 15:53 #154931

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
sheik*yerbouti wrote:

A turkey ... all the while he was flapping his wings and moving his head up and down...probably laughing! :pinch:

So you expect it was something personal? Sounds like an evil dinner to be...

Post edited by: Virii, at: 2007/07/05 18:54
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

wondering 05 Jul 2007 16:04 #154934

• iamstryc9
  • iamstryc9's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Virii wrote:

Oh, and I give my neighbors chijuajua a good run down the road whenever I find it taking a dump in my yard. Does that count?

I think thats for the chijuajua board when they ask if they ever go hit by a bike...

How did I mess this quote thing up?

• Page: