Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 26 Jun 2007 07:57 #152799

• Rick_in_WA
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
KawasakiBob wrote:

......... "Is your wife mad?"
He had a puzzled look on his face.
I asked again "Is your wife mad...you know... that you have her bike out?".....

"NOW DATS THERS FUNNY, I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE".....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

. 26 Jun 2007 08:00 #152800

• Rick_in_WA
  • User

Post edited by: Rick_in_WA, at: 2007/06/27 11:09

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 26 Jun 2007 09:02 #152827

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
patmann wrote:

On fathers day, a buddy showed up on his 1976 900 LTD with 36** ORIGINAL miles on it. We had put at least 40 thousand miles on together over the years. I got him into Kaw's back in the seventies. He now has four LTD's and Ninja, anyway, we went out for a ride.
We were tooling along a back road @ 55 mph just taking it easy, when along came a pack of loud piped Hardleys.
They flew past us, no big deal, enjoy your ride. The last two flipped us off:angry:
We looked at each other and dropped into second gear.
It was funny as "heck" when we went past them somewhat over the posted speed limit:whistle: .
The two that flipped us off came after us. We let them pull up along side of us. That's when one of them again flipped us off, the kid was maybe 25 if that.

We were coming up to a stop sign. We all stopped, the "kid" made some comment about jap crap. I asked how his bike would look and run in 33 years?? By this time the whole pack was there. He said "want to race":woohoo: trying to show off. I said "sure IF you REALLY want to .." My buddy said "no thanks, I just watch".
Time for a lesson young man:whistle:
I asked him to go first and I'd catch up:lol: You should have seen his face! At first he wasn't sure what I meant, then it s-l-o-w-l-y dawned on him what I was saying...
By the time I hit second I was past him. I shut down in fourth as there was no reason to continue;)
When we stopped at the next mile intersection. He had an excuse of course. One of the older Harley riders was just laughing at him. He told him " you just learned a valuable lesson Skip, don't mess with old Kaw's"
We all talked for a couple of minutes then parted ways. Some with big smiles on their faces, some with egg on their face ;)
I don't do it often, but being out with my old riding buddy made me feel young again, if even just for those few seconds..
Ride safe guys, do as I say, not as I do..
Pat<br><br>Post edited by: patmann, at: 2007/06/26 09:59

:evil:
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 26 Jun 2007 12:21 #152882

• KzJim
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Posts like this crack me up, some posers just dont get it.
:P

A while back I was crusin the freeway, taking my sweet time headed from work to a friends here in the central valley. I5 here in Nor Cal can be a lonely place.
I see a full dresser DH on the side of the road so I deside to stop. I flip up the visor and ask if he needs help, he answers $hit ya! he's out of gas. so he hops on the 'zuki and we're off. we hit the nearest gas station and he buys a can and gas.
While where there he tells me he was ridin with 'his crowd' (his exact words) and he fell back and the pack left him behind and didnt notice him gone. the guy was really pissed off at 'his crowd' and had a few choice words for them.
I said well we both have 2 wheels and we're the same crowd. We shook hands and parted ways.
3 days ago I see him in a gas station, he walks over and shakes my hand and we talk, he gives his number and says we should go for a ride sometime. He said he was done with 'his crowd'.
Some guys get it, and sadly enough, most don't.
Naiveté in grownups is often charming, but when coupled with vanity, it is indistinguishable from stupidity.
Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool - than to speak up and remove all doubt.
Did ever think that maybe you've been doing it wrong all these years?

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 26 Jun 2007 12:43 #152886

• oldkaws4ever
  • oldkaws4ever's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
  • Thank you received: 12
I was out the other day and my bike took a poop on the side of the road, in the distance i heard a bunch of HD's coming, and before i knew it all 15 of the had pulled up behind me. They were all older so the rememberd the Z1 in it's hayday, one of them said wow you don't se to many of the old 900 kawi's around anymore, and he helped me get her running, we shook hands and he asked were i was headed i said that i was just out riding. He said " well your more than welcome to ride with us if ya want", so i graciouly accepted, later on we were at a ligh and some kid like 18 or 19 pulled up in a hd 1200 sporty, and said you shuldnt be riding with those other harleys, your jap crap might get on them. I just laughed, when the light turned green we both got on orbikes pretty hard and when he realized that the old kaw wasn't going to step down he pushed the 1200 sporty to its breaking point and about 500 feet in front of us we heard a pop folowed by white smoke the his rear tire locking up. All of us pulled up and asked if he needed a ride somewere, he responded by saying fu** off, so the guy i was riding with said " see ya shouldn't mess with those old kawi's you just end up getting burned
74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 26 Jun 2007 19:49 #153000

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
KzJim wrote:

Posts like this crack me up, some posers just dont get it.

Oh, they've gotten it alright! A couple of decades of attitude has many of them believing the hype is true. The NHRA massaging the rules (according to my drag racer neighbor) to help the "V-rods" win championships has further clouded the issue.

The result is like what happened in oldkaswforever's post above. I howled with laughter! :woohoo:
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 27 Jun 2007 09:16 #153109

• Gosling1
  • User
  • Whats behind you is not important
  • Thank you received: 1
Ya know, I really don't like to bash other bikes people ride, even though I'm not a fan of Harley's and Honda's. But it seems to me that the moral of this story is it usually winds up being weekend riders, or young bucks like myself that seem to not have any respect for the older kaws. And unfortunatley for them they have to learn the hard way how loud these kaws can moo, and how fast they are for being old and husky.
1983 KZ1100A Shaftee box stock.
A herd of Bultacos to play in the dirt with. Arvada, Colorado
Kick it in the guts Berry

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 27 Jun 2007 09:40 #153113

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
When you pull up next to a Harley rider, you never if this is his first ride, or if he's an old ironbutt. The experienced riders have (at least in my experience) a great deal of respect for the Z1s and KZs. I usually get a friendly nod, or he may say, "nice bike".
I think it's the inexperienced Harley riders that want to spit on the Kaws. Even if they're older, they weren't riding "back in the day", and have no idea what a good bike Kawasaki made.
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 27 Jun 2007 11:08 #153131

• DasTeufel
  • User
I could care less what you ride..as long as you ride. There are a few HD's that I wouldn't mind owning (XR750 anyone?).
2009 KTM 690 SMC
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2001 Suzuki GSXR 750

Wildomar, CA

27 Jun 2007 12:43 #153150

• KZ250LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

Last edit: by KZ250LTD.

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 27 Jun 2007 13:00 #153154

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
KZ250LTD wrote:

but for the price I would rather have a true ELR or a GPZ.

Price is always on my mind when I see some of these bikes. Don't know about the rest of the US/Canada/Europe, but in California, the Custom Choppers are very popular. These bikes must have $5,000 in the paint alone. They've got to cost over $50,000, and you see them all the time. When I think of the stable of KZs I could have for a fraction of what they paid...
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 27 Jun 2007 13:09 #153157

• KawasakiBob
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Ya know, I really dont have any problems with anyone, as long as theyre riding theyre ok with me (for the better part)

I do like the fact that more often than not the hardcore Harley guys come up and say "OOOOOO A KZ" more than anything.

Its really only the Yuppie bikerwannabe's that cause the bad behavior for the most part.