Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 09:37 #152301

• KawasakiJockey
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
When I first bought the 954 I was passing a herd of HDs on the highway when one of them caught up and wanted to roll-on. I dropped it to 2nd at 70 and let him have the jump. I blew by him so fast it just about pulled his paint off. Clicked into 3rd and throttled down when 4 of them pulled along to do it again. I gave them a nod and let them have about 3 seconds and blew by them the same way. They followed behind for about 10 miles and the first "racer" pulled alongside and called my 954 a "cheater nitrous bike" at the redlight. "No nitrous just faster" I said. He called bullshit and I blew them out when the light turned green. I dont think these guys are ignorant, just extremely naive about bikes in general.
Wednesday evening I was folowing a guy that looked like Scrapper's avatar who was on a HD dresser with his wife on the back. We get to a redlight and he waves me up to tell me he will LET me by since I seem to having trouble. I was on the ZX-14 btw. I said I have no problems getiing around anything and he said "yeah, but not this 1800". There was a curve about 1/2 mile ahead and I told him run for it. I slipped the clutch in 6th from a dead stop and caught him/passed him before the turn without trying too too hard. From 6th!!! And it died the first time I let out the clutch!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 10:22 #152313

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
KawasakiJockey wrote:

When I first bought the 954 I was passing a herd of HDs on the highway when one of them caught up and wanted to roll-on. I dropped it to 2nd at 70 and let him have the jump. I blew by him so fast it just about pulled his paint off. Clicked into 3rd and throttled down when 4 of them pulled along to do it again. I gave them a nod and let them have about 3 seconds and blew by them the same way. They followed behind for about 10 miles and the first "racer" pulled alongside and called my 954 a "cheater nitrous bike" at the redlight. "No nitrous just faster" I said. He called bullshit and I blew them out when the light turned green. I dont think these guys are ignorant, just extremely naive about bikes in general.
Wednesday evening I was folowing a guy that looked like Scrapper's avatar who was on a HD dresser with his wife on the back. We get to a redlight and he waves me up to tell me he will LET me by since I seem to having trouble. I was on the ZX-14 btw. I said I have no problems getiing around anything and he said "yeah, but not this 1800". There was a curve about 1/2 mile ahead and I told him run for it. I slipped the clutch in 6th from a dead stop and caught him/passed him before the turn without trying too too hard. From 6th!!! And it died the first time I let out the clutch!!!

:evil: :P
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 10:23 #152314

• DasTeufel
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The Harley crowd around here knows better than to mess with Asian bikes, especially the sport crowd. A while back I split up to the front at a light, heard a loud rumbling and some guy on a Harley pulled up next to me. I tend to watch the cross lights and saw them go yellow, apparantly this guy was too, because his engine revved up a little higher. Light turns green and he launches as hard as he could. He pulls a little ahead of me because I suck at hard launches, but I easily got past him before he finished crossing the intersection.
2009 KTM 690 SMC
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2001 Suzuki GSXR 750

Wildomar, CA

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 13:55 #152355

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
The moral of the story is that people should never let their ego get in the way of common sense...
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 14:27 #152361

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
N0NB wrote:

The moral of the story is that people should never let their ego get in the way of common sense...

agreed

kaws are faster than hogs.
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 16:06 #152384

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
Yeah! They have longer legs and generally smell better. :P
Nate

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 18:10 #152399

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
N0NB wrote:

Yeah! They have longer legs and generally smell better. :P

no, they'r smaller, lighter, and they really fly!

i was reffering to a kaw as in crow

but a cow will out run a pig fo sure
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 24 Jun 2007 18:28 #152409

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
Oh, yeah, kaw! Kaw!

D'oh!

:blush:
Nate

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 25 Jun 2007 20:37 #152713

• Mellvis
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
My favorite thing is get next to them at a light and make them sad that my Kerker can be heard over thier Screamin' Eagle pipes. Then, I rev the Kaw ALOT and act like we're running for big money. When the light goes green and the y tear at their clutches, tires drive belt and other assorted parts trying to get me at the line.....(you'll LOVE this)....I take of like grandma going to church!!!! People think the Harley guy is some fool. :silly:

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 25 Jun 2007 20:53 #152715

• clutch85
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
KawasakiBob wrote:

Kind of funny thing happened to me a few months ago.

Pulled up to a light on the J and had a 2 Harley guys next to me.
One was on a Road King one was on a Sportster 883.

After I gave my intial nod to them the guy on the RK said "Sweet a KZ, nice bike man" which I replied Thanks nice Road King.
The guy on the 883 laughed and said something to the effect of "Jap Crap" and turned his nose up.
I flipped my shield up and asked "Is your wife mad?"
He had a puzzled look on his face.
I asked again "Is your wife mad...you know... that you have her bike out?"
I thought the guy on the RK was gonna fall over laughing at his buddy who was cussing up a storm.

thats the funniest thing i have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 25 Jun 2007 20:54 #152716

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
i don't even bother to try to show them up anymore.
i know and they know my 23 year old ujm is faster so what is the point?
i have been suprized in the past before and had to over run my motor to try to prove a point but i now figure, screw that!
i ain't tearing up my bike for a poser.
but i do have to admit it is real fun when a 37 year old fat guy with a paid for bike can whip them or pull the wheel on a cruiser shafty when i get my dander up :evil:
(note: wireman's evil plan)
getting to old and don't figure i got anything to prove anymore.
ride with me or pass me.
seems like we both get stuck at the same red light anyway.
there will always be a harley vs jap story and i don't see a winner in sight.
some of us know when we are whipped.
(why do you think i don't f@ck with the squids?)
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

some jackass on a Harley Davidson wanted to race the z1 900 26 Jun 2007 06:58 #152787

• patmann
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
On fathers day, a buddy showed up on his 1976 900 LTD with 36** ORIGINAL miles on it. We had put at least 40 thousand miles on together over the years. I got him into Kaw's back in the seventies. He now has four LTD's and Ninja, anyway, we went out for a ride.
We were tooling along a back road @ 55 mph just taking it easy, when along came a pack of loud piped Hardleys.
They flew past us, no big deal, enjoy your ride. The last two flipped us off:angry:
We looked at each other and dropped into second gear.
It was funny as "heck" when we went past them somewhat over the posted speed limit:whistle: .
The two that flipped us off came after us. We let them pull up along side of us. That's when one of them again flipped us off, the kid was maybe 25 if that.

We were coming up to a stop sign. We all stopped, the "kid" made some comment about jap crap. I asked how his bike would look and run in 33 years?? By this time the whole pack was there. He said "want to race":woohoo: trying to show off. I said "sure IF you REALLY want to .." My buddy said "no thanks, I just watch".
Time for a lesson young man:whistle:
I asked him to go first and I'd catch up:lol: You should have seen his face! At first he wasn't sure what I meant, then it s-l-o-w-l-y dawned on him what I was saying...
By the time I hit second I was past him. I shut down in fourth as there was no reason to continue;)
When we stopped at the next mile intersection. He had an excuse of course. One of the older Harley riders was just laughing at him. He told him " you just learned a valuable lesson Skip, don't mess with old Kaw's"
We all talked for a couple of minutes then parted ways. Some with big smiles on their faces, some with egg on their face ;)
I don't do it often, but being out with my old riding buddy made me feel young again, if even just for those few seconds..
Ride safe guys, do as I say, not as I do..
Pat

Post edited by: patmann, at: 2007/06/26 09:59
1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?