Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 19 Jun 2007 21:22 #151021

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey Rick sorry I missed ya on Saturday. I didn't come over because rain was forcasted and I didn't want to drive all the way over to have the races rained out. They should be back in Bremerton in a month or so. Maybe we could hook up then?
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 19 Jun 2007 21:30 #151024

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
  • Thank you received: 3
KZCSI wrote:

Hey Rick,
Beautiful bike, great back ground!

You ever get East of the Cascades? I'm the Chapter Director of the Cascade Range Riders here in Central Oregon. We're going to have a big Picnic/Rally here near Sunriver over the Labor Day Weekend.

Sure need some more Kaws to keep the Hildas at bay.

KZCSI

KZCSI, please send or post the info on this rally. I may ride down from West Linn if it's on Saturday. Unfortunately, on Sunday/Monday, I've got other commitments.
West Linn, OR

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 19 Jun 2007 22:06 #151027

• Rick_in_WA
  • Rick_in_WA's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
donthekawguy wrote:

Hey Rick sorry I missed ya on Saturday. I didn't come over because rain was forcasted and I didn't want to drive all the way over to have the races rained out. They should be back in Bremerton in a month or so. Maybe we could hook up then?

Oh my! no problem~ I didnt get over there with the KZ took a truck load of Yammer parts over, all went well, I think I got the kz wireing fixed!, damn starter went out ~it was weak anyway~. lets try and hook up for the ride/ralley in central Oregon!, if all else fails i can ride the ZL

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 19 Jun 2007 23:29 #151039

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
Did you say, a cocktail or 7? Now you're talkin!

I have to agree, the 101 gives you just about everything you could really want from a tour of Pacitic NorthWest riding. Long straight stretches, time up against the seaside, quiet countryside, twisty waterside roads, a few towns and cafes to check out along the way...

Every place has got their "tour", though, I suppose. I set out once over the pass and straight through the center of Washington. Nice long stretches...not too warm...comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt/overshirt. Checked out Idaho, Montana (beautiful sites there, let me tell you), Oregon....That was long before I heard about the IronButt or I may have been a bit more driven.

I guess maybe there's something to be had anywhere if you're just making your way through and enjoying the ride.

That was Cassie, though...a beautiful, spirited little XS650. (Yeah, I named them all....so what?! ;) Hey, they all have their personality, right?)

Now it's time for new memories. I'll be setting out for Boston in a few months. This time I might just take the initiative and do an IronButt. But, then again, there's a lot to be said about just taking your time.

Rick_in_WA wrote:

AHHHHH nice pic!, been there, but thats only a pic a "web-footer" would love.LOL, Anytime ANYONE is gonna be UP HERE please drop me a line I will find the time to hook up and if nothing else buy a cup of coffee, and try and do a few miles with ya, anyone here overnight PLEASE let me know, there is a hot-tub, 60"plasma, and a cocktail 7 waiting 7DAYS A WEEK!, hell over night arrangements can be made pretty easy!.. "you havent rode the north west untill you have rode the UPPER 101!"........... LOL

Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 19 Jun 2007 23:53 #151040

• Rick_in_WA
  • User
If I may: I have done one "iron butt 1000, in 24hr ride for MDA, on a Guzzi eldorado, I manged to coe in the top three, "BMW, Honda and ME." I did a tic over 1200 miles!, now that I realize Coke, speed, and other CRAP isnt the way to go I lean twards :long legs and big fuel tanks.. ~would be happy to do 500+~ now, I will do the central OR ride!, be it on the ZL or KZ, but I will do it Sober, and I will do it with no more than pride to say I did it on a bike older than 19--8---- lets just leave it at PRE-86...... LOL old KAWASAKI's are tops!...

and 7 cocktails is a minimum here. ~after you are parked~

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 20 Jun 2007 06:49 #151080

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
Rick_in_WA wrote:

now that I realize Coke, speed, and other CRAP isnt the way to go

Yeah, I know what you mean. Remind me to tell you about my fear of spiders... :side: It's actually a pretty humourous story, if maybe a little disturbing. Depends on how jaded you are.

I've had very few truely driven moments on a bike. It's true, I tend to not stop for much but that's just my personality. After all, I've got a mostly full tank and a coat pocket full of sour gummy worms.....what do I need to stop for, right?

My last "over the top" ride was about 6 years ago and was one of my great "I can't believe I did that" moments. It was Seattle to Los Angeles and back again. I went to help a friend who was in desperate need. Hitting the road Saturday morning, I also had to work Monday morning.

Ohhh, there's nothing like 2400 miles in under 48 hours with only a couple of hours break in the middle to tell you that, yes, you may in fact be making a giant mistake.

Post edited by: Virii, at: 2007/06/20 09:49
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 20 Jun 2007 06:49 #151081

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
Yeah, I'd do it again for a friend, but I'm hoping it never comes to that.

Post edited by: Virii, at: 2007/06/20 09:49

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 20 Jun 2007 08:32 #151111

• Rick_in_WA
  • User
ouch@ seattle-LA-Seattle in a weekend! gonna tip my hat at that one.

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 20 Jun 2007 11:34 #151160

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
seriously, from everett to LA took me 18-1/2 hours by car last time i did it.

Im in Downtown Kent, a good Central starting point for a nice Washington ride.
Lets get one planned soon!

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 20 Jun 2007 21:50 #151375

• fuzzwardo
  • User
To get off the subject just a bit, is the Shadow tank the basic same shape as the Eliminator tank. Do you have anymore pictures of it? It really does look factory.
1978 Kz650B
2001 ZX9R
1996 zx9r project
1985 Suzuki SP250
1991 Harley Electra-glide classic

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 21 Jun 2007 06:24 #151423

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
Add my own little drift here: Hey Rick, nice pics. I'd love to ride that area someday. But I especially like the B-25! There are a few of them still flying. One flies over my house quite regularly. It lives in a hangar just across the Mississippi river from me. I was actually going to join the Confederate Air Force just for the chance of going up in it. But after considering the fact that they wanted me to exercise my A&P license on it for free, PLUS pay for my membership, it just didn't sit well with me. I wouldn't mind donating some blood and sweat, but not my money. But them old dudes love their B-25s a lot like we like our old KZs. And it's even harder for them to find parts.
www.aerovintage.com/b25loc.htm

Great nday in the north west ~PICS~ 21 Jun 2007 07:14 #151445

• Rick_in_WA
  • User
fuzzwardo wrote:

To get off the subject just a bit, is the Shadow tank the basic same shape as the Eliminator tank. Do you have anymore pictures of it? It really does look factory.

The "Eli" has one real nasty shortcoming and thats not enough fuel, many guys had modded the Eli tank but the honday tank fits on pretty easily., the seat does have to be shortend! ~one inch~ shown with the 85zl9 and the stock set up

• Page: