TOPIC:

Another loud Pipe Issue 05 Jun 2007 16:15 #146629

• Scrapper
  • Scrapper's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
  • Thank you received: 1
www.denverpost.com/ci_6062291
interesting read are the comments, mostly from people who in my opinion just do not know....what it means to ride. kinda like the antihunting and fishing crowd in my neck o the woods I guess, but and take this with a grain of salt...remember we are a minority, and how many times does the minority get their way? I personally love my pipes, the sound and so on...but i also dont fire it up at 5 in the morning going to work and open her up, i coast for the most part until i get out of my neighborhood..again..JMHO

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another loud Pipe Issue 05 Jun 2007 17:46 #146650

• dkmk
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Hey Scrapper, had a buddy got pulled over the other night by one of Sudbury's finest. Straight pipes on a 2000 Shadow Aero, a warning that it'll be a $108 fine every time he get stopped, as they are cracking down on the loud pipes. Indykaw77 made a good point in the other thread about a distance factor, but it is unlikely that will be considered. Like you, I try and keep it low-key in any built up or residential area, and I think most do. It's that .1% that will f#%@ it up for the rest of us. I might be glad I kept my original pipes. :blink: B)
Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."

Another loud Pipe Issue 05 Jun 2007 22:20 #146755

• AR15Ron
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I don't see how they can get a conviction if you appeal the ticket without proof. They would have to carry some sort of Db meter and have a testing standard. There is a City ordinance where I live, but other than pulling people over and giving warnings they don't do much. It was mostly for retards with loud stereos.

Another loud Pipe Issue 05 Jun 2007 23:12 #146766

• slickware
  • User
  • My bike is as old as I am
  • Thank you received: 2
I bought a car last year that some kid had thrown an aftermarket muffler on. Not a super fart-cannon, just a slightly louder than normal one.
I took it to the SAME garage he had gotten it inspected at, and as soon as I pulled it in the guy tells me "that won't pass, muffler is too loud".

So I took it to the place across the street and had a sticker in 10 minutes.

"Cracking Down" on the decibels is really just another way of saying "we gave the police a way to give you a ticket when they're in a bad mood for no other reason, since they can't slap you with a seatbelt violation"

~A

1982 KZ1100 Spectre
Old. Shiny.

Another loud Pipe Issue 06 Jun 2007 04:45 #146791

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
Isn't the Denver city council the same group of idiots that tried to outlaw obesity a few years ago?

• Page: