Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Decibels 08 Jun 2007 14:35 #147602

• Makarth
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm a fan of "if they can't see me, they'll hear me."
I remember seeing it on a bumper sticker about motorcycles. Makes sense to me too many motorist get away from clocking a motorcyclist and saying "i didn't see him"

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Decibels 08 Jun 2007 14:56 #147607

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I've gone through a few different mufflers on my bike, all way too loud, even the Hindle "Stealth" can. I agree with loud pipes save lives but I don't need the hassle.
Just this week I had a stainless steel automotive resonator approx 20" long, 2.25" in and out with a 4" round body, expanded out to 2.5" and welded to the link pipe from the header. I believe it's a Magnaflow. It has 2 baffle tubes/chambers, not glass packed, offset to one another and does drastically reduce the sound but doesn't feel like it's strangling my engine. It actually does look like a motorcycle muffler and does fit in with the 80s style engine and pipe. I'm confident it won't draw any police attention, unless I'm wailing past them @ 8000 RPM.

Post edited by: Fossil, at: 2007/06/08 17:58

I should mention it is also quite light and cost $90, plus the cost of expanding the end and welding

Post edited by: Fossil, at: 2007/06/08 19:33
Attachments:

Decibels 08 Jun 2007 15:34 #147614

• kzwolfsr
  • kzwolfsr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Whats that thing in Pyxen's muffler again? For people who have noticed it! It looks like a muffle cover at the end and someone told me you can turn it to vary how yow want the exhaust to sound.
Maybe I should just get a whistle stuck in my exhaust.
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Decibels 08 Jun 2007 15:35 #147616

• kzwolfsr
  • kzwolfsr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
By the GJ, best cans I have seen in awhile!
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Decibels 08 Jun 2007 16:35 #147635

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Fossil wrote:

I've gone through a few different mufflers on my bike, all way too loud, even the Hindle "Stealth" can. I agree with loud pipes save lives but I don't need the hassle.
Just this week I had a stainless steel automotive resonator approx 20" long, 2.25" in and out with a 4" round body, expanded out to 2.5" and welded to the link pipe from the header. I believe it's a Magnaflow. It has 2 baffle tubes/chambers, not glass packed, offset to one another and does drastically reduce the sound but doesn't feel like it's strangling my engine. It actually does look like a motorcycle muffler and does fit in with the 80s style engine and pipe. I'm confident it won't draw any police attention, unless I'm wailing past them @ 8000 RPM.

Post edited by: Fossil, at: 2007/06/08 17:58

I should mention it is also quite light and cost $90, plus the cost of expanding the end and welding

<br><br>Post edited by: Fossil, at: 2007/06/08 19:33

Attachments:

• Page: