Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Great Ride in this morning 04 Jun 2007 05:43 #146121

• Rich
  • Rich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Since 9/11, the security for getting onto a military post has made life a pain in the ass, I usually end up waiting behind 30 cars getting through the gate and have to duck walk the bike for 10 or 15 minutes. It was bad enough before 9/11 taking the gate in that I normally take because so many people are flying through that stretch of road to get to PT on time.

I had to come in on Saturday, and since that back gate isn't open on weekends, had to drive all the way into town and back up Custer Hill which made the trip about four times as long, so it motivated me to check into a backwoods route in. I figured out a way through the maneuver area onm the tank trails and seems the little intersection gate that way is manned 24/7 so I can use it anytime.

It was great doing the off road time, no cars to be seen. Couldn't do much more that 30 miles and hour and had to negotiate two low water crossings, but shaved about five or ten minutes off the trip and any time spent in the woods is good for the soul. This just made my day and got the whole work week off to a good start.:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great Ride in this morning 04 Jun 2007 09:14 #146170

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
Way cool Rich. But you could always add a little excitement and ride through the live fire range with a towel wrapped around your head. :silly:

Great Ride in this morning 04 Jun 2007 09:40 #146177

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
You need to spoon a pair of knobbies onto your LTD and 'rooster' your way through the back entrance:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• Page: