Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Great Memorial Day ride 28 May 2007 12:58 #144278

• kawtoy
  • kawtoy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
My wife and I took a nice ride on the Shadow today. We went to Fort Donaldson which is a civil war fort. It is about 40 miles away and the weather was perfect for a ride. The fort is right on the river. You can see it if you click on the Triumph Bonneville link in my signature. We parked and walked around and then saw some people staring at a tree. There was a huge bald eagle nesting there and just watching all the people. Then we saw another, and a another. We saw about 6 or 7 total. They were flying around and skimming the river looking for fish. The fort is on a big overlook and the eagles would fly right in front of us, about 30 ft away. Those things are BIG. They have signs posted that say "Do not feed the eagles. A fed eagle is a dead eagle". I have been out there many times and never knew the eagles were there. It was very fitting that on Memorial day we got to watch these majestic creatures soar. It was a nice little trip.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great Memorial Day ride 28 May 2007 15:55 #144328

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Sarah and I took a nice ride today too. Visited a couple small local parks and took in the countryside and creek bottoms...nice day. We also rode a Honda, that being a CX500 (for shame! :whistle:) which has a little more comfortable seat for her than the GPz. This was the first 2 up ride we've taken since her accident and surgeries in November and February so it was refreshing to ride together again and she enjoyed herself I think.
:)

Kawtoy: Fort Donaldson on the river is a really nice spot. I enjoyed the cannons and museum last visit. "Shadow" is your Honda and not the name of your Kawasaki right? :laugh: ;)

Post edited by: neilage66, at: 2007/05/28 19:00

Great Memorial Day ride 28 May 2007 17:38 #144352

• kawtoy
  • kawtoy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Yep, it is an 03 Shadow with some custom work. I bought it a few weeks ago just to flip it. As soon as the title gets back I can sell it but until then I am riding it everyday to work and for fun. My wife will not ride on my Kaw. It has struts and I have a quick right wrist :whistle: so she won't ride on it anymore. She loves to ride on the Triumph. It came with an extra king/queen seat with the bog 70's style back rest and she is much more comfortable on it. This was her first ride on the Shadow and she didn't like it. It has Harley pipes and she hated the constant V-twin noise. She also thought the seat was very uncormfortable.. ad it is. The bike has foward controls and after about 20 miles I felt like I needed to get off and stretch.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Great Memorial Day ride 29 May 2007 04:36 #144465

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
I should have took Jamie and hooked up with you at The park. That would be a good place to meet and have a ride.
I sold the Venture Monday. I would have liked to have keep it. Cruise control is nice. I sold it to a Harley rider that opened a shop near me. He took it for a ride and his wife asked where he was and she thought i was kidding when i told her he was riding a Yahama. I told her he went to Omaha on a Yamaha. She liked the bike as well.
Happy motoring. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• Page: