Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 22 Feb 2007 17:55 #114590

• drayman86
  • drayman86's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
KaZooCruiser wrote:

There is a least one bolt inside of the head below where the cams run.

I guess you found the bolt. . .late to the party.

Hey, better late than never dude, and you're right. Those two bolts inside the head were the reason I couldn't remove the head. Thanks for posting!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 22 Feb 2007 18:12 #114599

• mountain
  • User
  • go with the flow
  • Thank you received: 3
Tutle-head-ing. Yah, or prarie dogging, like out west, heehee. Hope you beached an eel. Hilarious.

On the C1, it looks like the main dif is the brakes. The frame has a lsight difference in having another welded bracket on the right rear frame stay above swing arm. I still need a rear mastercylinder and rear wheel. Did some of the C1 models come with spoke wheels?

Anhow, good luck.
1977 KZ 650 B1, I own two of them. Working on one custom rebuild, one daily rider. Used to have a third. Two 1978 KZ 650 C2 models, sold both. KZ owner since 1987.

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 22 Feb 2007 21:53 #114654

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
All "C" models have mag wheels.
I'm starting with a frame and what's left of my old bike.
Mark

Post edited by: Mark Wing, at: 2007/02/23 01:02
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.
Attachments:

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 24 Feb 2007 04:43 #114912

• drayman86
  • User
Please see my thread in the Chassis Technical Forum HERE . I'm in need of information on re-building the rear brake master for my 1978 650C. :unsure:

Thanks for stopping by!

Post edited by: drayman86, at: 2007/02/24 07:49

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 24 Feb 2007 20:39 #115170

• mountain
  • User
  • go with the flow
I noticed two types of rear caliper assemblies and two types of rotors (one is perferated) on the Kaw site online parts diagram. Are the discs interchangeable with the caliper assemblies pictured? It's a long link but it's the parts diagram I'm refering to:

Parts Diagram

I have caliper assembly #16 and the 5mm solid rotor. I wonder if they will go together.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/03/06 13:43
1977 KZ 650 B1, I own two of them. Working on one custom rebuild, one daily rider. Used to have a third. Two 1978 KZ 650 C2 models, sold both. KZ owner since 1987.

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 24 Feb 2007 20:43 #115172

• mountain
  • User
  • go with the flow
well that didn't work. Drayman, how did you so effectively post the parts diagram? Nice work.

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 24 Feb 2007 20:47 #115175

• mountain
  • User
  • go with the flow

Let's see if this works.
Attachments:

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 27 Feb 2007 04:57 #115731

• drayman86
  • User
I know I'm obsessed when I start answering my home phone "Greg's Bike Shop". :woohoo:

Post edited by: drayman86, at: 2007/02/27 07:58

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 02 Mar 2007 10:49 #116744

• drayman86
  • User
At the risk of turning this thread into some self-absorbed blog (most blogs are just that; narcissistic rants), I wanted to post an update on progress.

Next big thing will be tackling the engine disassebly and separation, however I'd like to get a stand for this job. Also need a parts washer, and both may have to wait for the tax return or until one of my other bikes sells. I'm also going out of town for a couple of weeks on business, so this is the last post I'll make until I've got something more substantial to share.

Thanks again to all who've viewed and posted to this thread. The help and interest have been tremendously appreciated. :cheer:

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 06 Mar 2007 10:04 #117744

• Mikeyskee
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Drayman-I'm in the same process on a 76 kz900. wiring bugs me out too. I found several web sites for mine to get the wiring harness. Let me know if you are interested.

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 06 Mar 2007 19:29 #117919

• drayman86
  • User
Hey Mikey:

Thanks for the offer. Fortunately for me, I've got the wiring harness for the bike. Preliminary testing indicates that I've got a bad R/R and I have a LOT of integrity testing to do on the system to be sure that there's no broken/shorted connections. The electrical will be a major deal, but should be fun too. I also plan to upgrade to a Dyna S system as well as employe Wired George's coil powering system. That stuff is a looooooong way off, however.

Should I Attempt This ? ? ? 13 Apr 2007 04:08 #129556

• drayman86
  • User
Got the head and jugs back from the machine shop yesterday. Machinist was able to cut excellent valve seats without removing too much material. He was also able to hone the cylinders, which he said were restored to "good as new" condition.

Also had to replace two exhaust and one intake valve. Found all three on Ebay for about 50% of NOS parts from a retailer. Many Ebay sellers list their parts by original factory number, which made finding them easy.

With the advent of warm weather, I'll be spending more time riding my other bike, doing outside work, and pursuing my latest passion; homebrewing. :woohoo:

I'll revive this thread when I start working on the KZ again. Thanks to all who've helped me this far, and have a great riding season.