• Page:

TOPIC:

hi all 19 Nov 2005 04:10 #8976

• woodz
  • woodz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
just thought i'd pop in and say hello..
bought my first kawasaki way back in 1979 a 79 KH250, loved that bike :) always wanted a bigger one but got tempted by the dark side and had LC's, CB750 DOHC's and countless other bikes over the years, lastest being a FZR600 and a 400
about a month ago i bought a 1980 Z650 as a basket case, the frame has already been plastic coated and bodywork repainted so i'm just in the middle of putting it back together.. and finding loads of knackered bits! the bike was an SR so has the 16inch back wheel, harris pipe, boyer ignition
my wife runs a 95 GPZ500S.. nice bike but the b*tch wont share! lol

the pic was took a few weeks ago and looks much better now!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

hi all 19 Nov 2005 05:53 #8989

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome to KZR woodz. Nice looking Z650 you have there. I like the solid color wheels. I'm thinking of painting mine all one color. Yours is the first SR I've seen with the rear tailpiece on. Never knew if it would fit, were there any problems getting it on as far as mounts and seat location? I imagine the SR seat doesn't fit.

Have fun and ride safely.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

hi all 19 Nov 2005 06:34 #8996

• woodz
  • User
hi rstnick
its had two lugs welded on the rear of the frame (all be it to low :dry: ) and the two front mounts are already there for the tail, i was told the SR seat pan was the same.. but its no where near, (mines a aftermarket seat tho) trimmed the back to clear the tail fin but it needs some cutting out of the base of pan as well, i'll try a proper seat and hopefully it'll fit.. its going to have to! lol
i'm not sure if i like the wheels, i like shiny rims,but i'll leave em for now and get the bike on the road and deside then
i've seen just one SR done like mine:

hi all 19 Nov 2005 06:56 #8999

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
Hey woodz! Welcome! The 650sr seems to scream "customize me." I think it's because it's the end of the 70's...doesn't really look like a kz650, doesn't really look like a cruiser, or the "chopper" look they seem to have been going for, just a little early to be a sportbike, not shaped right for a cafe' racer. Don't misunderstand, an original like NONB's or (well, that's the only one I can remember, but there are a few on here)....really looks great. It seems like those pristine ones are less common than the customized ones. Keep the pics rolling as you progress.

hi all 19 Nov 2005 14:08 #9037

• woodz
  • User
hi ronboskz650sr
yours sounds intersting m8.. any pics?
i want to keep the bike looking like more or less as it is, but probably drag bars, 2 small rear lights, and keyless ignition, bidding on ebay for a seat :) its been rewired, few stripped threads to sort on the motor and bits missing, hopefully it'll see the road for the start of 2006.. next job will be upgrade the brakes, riding FZR's tends to spoil you in that department.. the Zed needs to stop fast!
the ultimate plan is to turbo it, 750 top end but thats a long way off!
what ever happens i'm keeping it, i've wanted one since the late 70's

• Page: