• Page:

TOPIC:

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 18:22 #67364

• ronjones
  • ronjones's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Guys and Gals,
Eventhough I've asked a couple of questions, made a couple of comments and thrown out a couple of info bits, I haven't made a "formal" intro. As you can see from my sig line I have an 82 KZ750 CSR. I got this bike in the early '90's, it had been ssitting in a guys shed for a few years and I got a prety good deal. This is the 3rd bike I've had. Previously I had a CB500/550? and something smaller, I think it was a 350 honda or yammy. Eventhough I hung out w/several rat HD bikers I never really got into "the lifestyle". Back to the KZ, I rode it for a few years and then started to worry about the chain and sprockets, they'd become really worn. Parked the bike intending to get back to it, in the near future...:whistle:...10+yrs later. I'm going through my midlife crisis :ohmy: and lo and behold I have a classic 24y.o. bike rustin' in my garage)
:woohoo: The bike has taken a bit longer to put back together than I'd initally anticipated and at this point I'm waiting for a shift lever oil seal, to fix a bad leak I found after putting it back together, adding oil and cleaning off the old crusted oil/dirt/grease that was forming a seal. At the same time I found the stator was bad and the starter chain was stretched as well as the starter was not working right. I've got most of that stuff taken care of now just waitin' and waitin' for the oil seal. Found a great local cycle salvage, that has a lot of KZ parts. I'm going to attempt to make a new seat, also. When I get it running and through inspection I'm going to replace the airbox w/pods.
Well, thanks for a great site, and sorry I got a little:whistle: long :)
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 18:32 #67366

• pumps
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Welcome and it sounds like you are wrenching right along! You wanted some fun and found it right under your nose huh? Well good. Post some pictures...lots of them.
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 18:32 #67367

• ronjones
  • User
here is a pic in its early stages

oops a little small...I'm having a bit of trouble getting the right size pics

Post edited by: ronjones, at: 2006/08/05 21:33
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades
Attachments:

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 18:41 #67371

• ronjones
  • User
lets try this again, early tear down
Attachments:

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 18:42 #67372

• ronjones
  • User
most recent pic, same as avatar
Attachments:

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 19:18 #67380

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
Nice work, man. Feels good bringing them back from a pseudo-grave, doesn't it?
:)
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 19:48 #67385

• ronjones
  • User
Sure does :D, can't wait until I get it fired up again, hoping to have it ready by mid Sept for Bike week at the local beach area. Want to ride it w/my step-daughter(Suzuki thumper) and her husband (newish HD). Wife will bring the car. Make it a family affair :) Thanks for the welcome, pumps, and the compliment, toast :cheer:
I'm a bit worried about the paint job holding up...used rattlecans :unsure:.
Got the foam glued to the seat pan, now have to carve/form it.

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 20:42 #67392

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
You have done a nice job cleaning and refurbishing the old girl. Hope you make it to Bike at the Beach day with your family...keep up the good work!

Belated intro 05 Aug 2006 21:11 #67394

• ronjones
  • User
neilage66 wrote:

You have done a nice job cleaning and refurbishing the old girl. Hope you make it to Bike at the Beach day with your family...keep up the good work!

Thanks, neil, I hope so also. B:

• Page: