• Page:

TOPIC:

Hidee ho! 30 Jul 2006 22:25 #66002

• spirogyra
  • spirogyra's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody!

I'm finishing a riding course in the next couple of weeks and trying to buy / build my first bike. Bikes are really pricey in Austin, so I've been looking a little bit out of town, and sometimes far from...

After I have a daily rider, I hope to make a pastime of reviving a lot of "parts" bikes and getting them titled so they can be put back on the road.

I'm a good welder with most of an associates degree in metal fab and looking to get into machining, so naturally I need something to cut metal for. The ultimate would be reproducing hard to find parts instead of searching all over.

I chose to go for a KZ because they were popular enough to still have parts today. Plus, when I was a kid, these were some of the new bikes that I thought were cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hidee ho! 31 Jul 2006 05:53 #66034

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Bikes expensive in Austin?

One would think all those new age, sensitive, eco-conscious, baby burping, diaper changing, volvo driving folks would be giving away old bikes just to get them out of sight and mind.

Maybe you're not taking the best tack in bike hunting.

Try this advert in local craigslist and newspaper.

Clean energy enthusiast seeks motorcycle for field tests of alternative low emmission combustants. First choice is Kawasaki air cooled four. All email/calls answered. Thanks, <your name*> xxx-xxx-xxxx

*If your name is Bubba, Randy, Bob, Mike, ... use a softer sounding pseudonym like Bruce, Glen, Chipper, ...

Hidee ho! 31 Jul 2006 07:53 #66057

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 303
Welcome spirogyra! Jazz fan or algae buff? Actually spirogyra is correct...bike prices are on the high side of the scale in Austin...so is housing and beer:huh:
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Hidee ho! 31 Jul 2006 11:43 #66094

• spirogyra
  • spirogyra's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Duck, that ad is hilarious :laugh:

In the algae/jazz arena, a little of both. Algae are cool if you look close enough, and I like a lot of music from electronica to opera.

Hidee ho! 31 Jul 2006 13:36 #66132

• pumps
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I like a guy who likes to cut stuff . Glad to have you here with us. Pay attention in your riders course. I enjoyed mine very much.
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

• Page: