Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Member 30 Jul 2006 22:16 #65999

• Tim G
  • Tim G's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
New guy here,been lurking for a bit.Finally gave in and registered!
Always likes the old Kawi 4 cyls,I rode a 78 KZ 659B to FL and back from MA a week after I graduated high school,something like 3500 miles in 3 weeks,didn't need anything on the road,I think cost me maybe 75 bucks in gas!
That was in 1981,I've always had bikes,always done all my own work,but Jeez,parts for the old Jap stuff is getting hard to find!
Bought an 82 LTD 1000 this spring,been playing around w/it/paint,carb clean,etc,I ride that more than my Harley!
I've got an 82 flh sport that I've had for the last 17 years,had an iron sportster for a couple years prior to that,also have a 1977 Yamaha DT 250 registered for the street,and an 86 KTM EXC 250 for the woods.
Bikes I've had include a couple KZ 650s,a 72 750 triple {STILL kicking myself on that one,paid 75 dollars for it,sold for $150} LTD 550,KX 500 air cooled monster that broke bones before I sold it,countless Yamaha DTs, ITs,CB/CL Hondas,etc.
One thing I've noticed since riding the Kawi is that NONE of the Harley guys wave to you!
On my HD,they ALL wave!
I liked them better when only "scumbags" owned them,and they weren't treated as driveway jewelery!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member 31 Jul 2006 06:55 #66045

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
Welcome.
Sounds like you've got a nice little stable.
How about some pics?
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

New Member 31 Jul 2006 07:09 #66050

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 303
Welcome Tim! Lotsa answers here for any questions (should you have any, of course:) ) We will let you keep the HD:laugh: My cousin has a 1939 knucklehead w/suicide shift and thats a cool scooter...and he waves at anybody, even Kawasaki riders.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

New Member 31 Jul 2006 17:17 #66177

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Mcdroid you are absolutely correct in informing him that he may keep his HD. Although if you look at Section J Article 100035648 of the new and improved KZR Handbook of Mostly Ignored Rules you will see that since you were the one that let him keep said bike now you must get your cousins nucklehead and give it to me. Seems a bit harsh but if we don't have rules we have freedom. I'm sure you see what I mean and will expect delivery soon..... :blink:
Of course I suppose this would hinge on the reality that your cousin not only owns a nucklhead but has serious guestions as to being one.:silly: :pinch: :whistle:

Sure would like some digitial representations Tim and welcome! ;)

New Member 31 Jul 2006 18:23 #66192

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
ambergrismooon wrote:

... I'm sure you see what I mean and will expect delivery soon..... :blink:...

Here ya go, Gris - suicide shift and all:

...oops... forgot to mention it had a part time job as a sea anchor for a Mississppi River dredge during the rainy season... you can keep all the bobbers and lures - we'll snag more! ;)
Attachments:

New Member 31 Jul 2006 18:39 #66197

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Awwww MAN! It's an honest to goodness RAT TOO! I knew this deal was gonna be SWEET! AND WITH BOBBERS AND LURES! Bet it smells like stinkbait too!!!!! I am droolin in my MAYPO! Could a rose of any other color smell so sweet!!!!!! NOPE!:sick:

Gimmee 2!

New Member 31 Jul 2006 18:59 #66201

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Tim, you said you have been lurking here for a while, so I figure you aren't too surprised to see your thread go off on a bit of a "tangent"?
New guys get told- post pictures, and put your bikes and your location in your signature line. Welcome:)

• Page: