• Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie with 1978 KZ750 23 Jul 2006 19:42 #64114

• Frazzles
  • Frazzles's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All,

My name is eddie and i'm new to the world of motorcycles. I just recently purchased a 1978 KZ 750. It had been sitting for four years so there was some work that needed to be done to it. I know i need to clean out the gas tank and the Carbs. If you have any info on removing the Gas Tank and Carbs that'd be great and overall any other information would be greatly apprecicated.

Thanks,

Eddie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie with 1978 KZ750 23 Jul 2006 20:29 #64131

• lunchbox
  • User
welcome aboard! where ya from and where are your pics?! it's good place to get advice and help from people in your area. good luck getting her back up and running.

lunch

Newbie with 1978 KZ750 25 Jul 2006 06:13 #64509

• Sixgun
  • User
Welcome to the fun!

I have a '78 KZ750 as well that was in much the same condition as yours. Not fast or sleek, but bulletproof.

The tank is held on by a tank strap that you get to by raising the seat, then it just slides back. The strap is just a large rubber band for the most part.

The hardest thing I had witht the carbs is getting the cables off without damaging them. Check ebay for the service manual. Someone around here has it electronically as well.

Good luck with it!
78 KZ750 B3
81 XS650SH
80 XS650G

Newbie with 1978 KZ750 25 Jul 2006 06:35 #64519

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
Welcome to the forum!

A couple pointers:

Take a while to do a bunch of searches using the "search forum" box above about carbs.

Also, click on "Forum" --> "Archive" in the menu above; that's our old forum that was retired late '05. It's FULL of info.

And like Sixgun said, get a manual, I recommend the "Kawasaki Service Manual" which can be had from eBay, direct from Kawasaki, or in digital form from other members here.

One last thing, please take your bike pic out of your sig. We want pics, just not there. Post the pic in the "Gallery", then you can put a link in the sig or something. The "forum rules" say somethign about just one URL in your sig or something. It's been a while and I forget. Guess I better go look...

Enjoy!

:)
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Newbie with 1978 KZ750 25 Jul 2006 10:25 #64574

• vic44139
  • User
First off, welcome. You my friend have just purchased one of (in my opinion) one of Kawasaki's most dependable bikes ever made. I have a 80 KZ750t myself. I am often amazed at how reliable and bulletproof these twins are. I promise you will enjoy it and get off with a smile everytime you get done riding.:)

• Page: