• Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie with some questions 11 Apr 2024 05:05 #897502

• Adrian719
  • Adrian719's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey everyone,

New guy from Ontario. I recently bought a 1982 KZ440D belt drive, and am planning on doing a small build.
Some questions:
What parts are needed for a chain conversion?
Are there any 17" mag wheels from other models/years that will fit?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie with some questions 11 Apr 2024 10:46 #897523

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1624
I believe the swap is supposed to be straight forward and you'd only need the chain and sprockets.  But I don't know if you'd need the chain guard or whether or not it's a direct bolt-on to the swing arm; the belt guard may suffice (?). You can compare stuff yourself, but from the diagrams at Partzilla the 440A Ltd & your 82 D4 have the same output shaft, so the Fr sprocket should fit; and the rear hub components are the same*, so the Rr sprocket should fit as well.  

* - there are two part numbers for the sprocket-carrier/coupling-assy but one of the part numbers is the same and the other one may have just a minor difference. not sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian719

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Newbie with some questions 11 Apr 2024 13:31 #897533

• Adrian719
  • Adrian719's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2

I believe the swap is supposed to be straight forward and you'd only need the chain and sprockets.  But I don't know if you'd need the chain guard or whether or not it's a direct bolt-on to the swing arm; the belt guard may suffice (?). You can compare stuff yourself, but from the diagrams at Partzilla the 440A Ltd & your 82 D4 have the same output shaft, so the Fr sprocket should fit; and the rear hub components are the same*, so the Rr sprocket should fit as well.  

* - there are two part numbers for the sprocket-carrier/coupling-assy but one of the part numbers is the same and the other one may have just a minor difference. not sure.

Awesome! Thank you.

Did a little digging, part numbers for new sprockets from JT Sprockets.
Front: JTF509
Rear: JTR476

Last edit: by Adrian719.
  • Page: