• Page:

TOPIC:

IC Igniter Wiring Diagram 25 Dec 2023 21:10 #893133

• scottbot576
  • scottbot576's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and I am joining because I am resurrecting a 1981 KZ 750 and using the engine in a go-cart. The condition I received the bike in, it was too expensive to try to rebuild for me. The bike was given to me as a frame with two flat tires and an engine with carbs attached. Along with this was a box of random miscellaneous parts, and the only two necessary electrical components that were included and looked functional were the IC Igniter and the rectifier/regulator. The rectifier seems easy enough to get set up based on the diagrams in the service manual, but the igniter I can't seem to get a grasp on. I was just wondering if anyone could provide a key to what colored wires go to which pick up coils and the ignition coils, and any other connections necessary. Most of the plugs are cut off of my parts, which really annoys me. 

Thank you
- scottbot576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IC Igniter Wiring Diagram 26 Dec 2023 06:40 #893144

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435
If you go to the "Filebase" tab above and search for "750 wiring" you'll find a diagrams for quite a few 750 models. You should be able to get a colour one. Sounds like you just need to use the charging and ignition circuits.
good luck
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottbot576

Last edit: by JR.

IC Igniter Wiring Diagram 26 Dec 2023 07:00 #893145

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1625
The Kawasaki factory service manual has color wiring diagrams.  In case you don't have it, there's an 80-85 KZ/ZX750 FSM floating around the internet and probably linked here on KZR in the filebase >> Yellow/gold cover w color wiring diagrams. There's also a poorly copied black-&-white version, so be sure to get the good one.

Wiring diagrams  >> mbsween.bike-night.com/kz750l3/manual.html
Some of the diagrams are mislabeled: it should be 81 H2, 82 H3, & 83 H4.
note: the FSM there may be the B-&-W version.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

IC Igniter Wiring Diagram 26 Dec 2023 08:02 #893146

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2681
The filebase here has the factory manual for t he 750.  Look for the version with a GPz on the cover.  That manual version covers all years of the KZ750.  Look up the wiring diagram, and see the colors.  Pretty easy.

• Page: