Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie from Colorado 31 Jan 2022 11:09 #861534

• fj1289
  • fj1289's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Don’t own a KZ now - owned one many years ago …. been locked into Yamaha FJ’s now for 20+ years.

Now joining to learn a bit on this “turbo” thing - seems to be several good examples and expertise on turboing older air cooled engines…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie from Colorado 31 Jan 2022 14:46 #861550

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1978
Welcome to KZRider.
Turbo ???
Whats a Turbo ???   LOL
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:

Newbie from Colorado 01 Feb 2022 17:08 #861619

• fj1289
  • fj1289's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Yep!  Your LTD and les holt 's were the two that caught my eye and I started digging in about.  

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions than contributions for this forum.  Basically new to turbos (have tuned my son's Forester XT with the STi turbo and intercooler swap.  Somewhere along the way someone must have changed the MAF since it required very large corrections to keep it from going crazy lean in boost (maybe part of the reason we started the project with swapping out a bad engine...)

Have mostly dabbled with nitrous for the FJ1100 - but that has been mostly restricted to the track (1/4 mile and 1 mile).  While I really like the control of nitrous for the track, I'm thinking turbo will be much more friendly for a daily ride.

• Page: