Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello to the group 19 Jun 2006 00:03 #55429

• ltsrock
  • ltsrock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I am a long time Kawasaki owner and I am currently resurecting a 1975 Z1b. It was one of those big dream projects that never got started, so now all I'm trying to accomplish is to get it on the road for some summer fun, I'll do the complete resto later.
The darn thing has turned into a monster and seems to never end. I finally got to putt it around the block but it's all in the details. The tank was a rusty mess, new tires, tubes, chain and sprocket, etc.... you get the idea. The previous owner had installed a fairing (I hate those things) and I have to locate (buy) and install the headlight hardware and turn signals.
The bike was last licensed in 1986 and it's taken alot of TLC to get it road ready. So that explains why I'm cruising the Kawai sites, looking for parts, ideas, and like minded people. Take care and thanks for the comraderie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello to the group 19 Jun 2006 03:59 #55435

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 303
ltsrock:

Welcome to KZR and you've come to the right place! Lots of information here and plenty of helpful people. You also may want to check out the MSN site (Z1/Z900 owners group) as they are purists there and have many questions posted dealing with Z1 restorations....keep in mind that there are many Z1 owners on this board also.:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Hello to the group 19 Jun 2006 05:24 #55446

• wireman
  • Visitor
wheres the pictures?:whistle:

Hello to the group 22 Jun 2006 03:09 #56179

• ltsrock
  • ltsrock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
No pics yet, she's a work in progress. I waiting for more parts before I can put any time in the saddle.:blush:

• Page: