Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

do pods on a 400 need re-jetting? 12 Jun 2006 16:31 #54020

• quartet25
  • quartet25's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am a new member. I also have a recently re-birthed 79 KZ400. Just look at my member photo! I had this bike for nearly 9 years, and it sat in my garage and accumulated only 800 miles in the time that I had owned it. The surface rust, the boring sun faded and dented tank, the torn seat, etc. had me just about ready to sell it. I figured if I was ready to sell it, then it wouldn't hurt me to try and make it more exciting. And that is just what I did. A total teardown, powdercoating, (including engine covers) tank repair, and new paint, bars, wheel coating, and a Norton style seat pan with a seat I made myself!
I added pod style filters instead of the box and have noticed a starvation of fuel on the low end with a quick throttle twist. I also noticed no noticable adjustements to the needle valve. Has anyone played with pods on a very stock 400 twin? Has anyone experimented with rejetting? Please share with me your experiences so I have some direction to go by.
Thanks, I look forward to sharing my experiences as well.
-quartet25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

do pods on a 400 need re-jetting? 14 Jun 2006 06:37 #54423

• georgeha
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
quartet,

They probably do. I had some trouble with my 75 when I ran with pods, but we have entirely different carbs.

You might want to ask this on the carburetor forum, there's are some very knowledgeable folks there, probably some running your same configuration.

Welcome to the site.

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: