TOPIC:

Im Back 04 Jun 2006 21:24 #52121

• hgelles
  • hgelles's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all,

Been a while.

So today, I traded my 750 B4 for a 79 1000 LTD. I was really sad to see her go, but I dont have the driveway space to keep both, especially with my girls Honda VLX. It was the third bike or the car and the spare bedroom for me....hmmmmm.... think think think...:laugh:

Well anyway glad to be back. Love the new site. Hey what happened to the gift shop? I needed a new mug for work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Im Back 04 Jun 2006 23:16 #52139

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
theres i link in the about the site forum for cafepress
and welcome back. how long were you gone?
www.cafepress.com/kzrider

Post edited by: btchalice, at: 2006/06/05 02:17
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

Im Back 05 Jun 2006 06:22 #52166

• hgelles
  • hgelles's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
its been around a year. Been going to that place where they make me do stuff for money, then spending it on chrome and replacements on ebay for my 750.

Yesterday, I traded my 750 for a 1000 ltd. Strong motor, but finicky getting started and warmed up (my 750 started on the first turn when the battery was strong). Sounds mostly like dirt, when I raised the idle a little (above 1k) she was a bit happier.

This time Im going to take before and after pictures. Its an interesting combination. The thing came with a hard trunk and a vedder fairing, and then it has the chopper style aftermarket airpods on it. Im not too sure I want to keep the mods, I did want a daily commuter, and Ive been hearing that the pods can be flakey when wet. so I guess its back to ebay for lolly pops and some other toys.

Wish me luck,

Howard

Im Back 05 Jun 2006 06:45 #52170

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
hgelles wrote:

Greetings and good luck...

....Ive been hearing that the pods can be flakey when wet....Howard

They can be, however...

I've had the singular good fortune to road test K&N pods in some of the finest cat and dog downpours Florida, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana could muster. If your motor's running right, you can kill a Kaw, but you're gonna have to work at it - long after the smart money has found an overpass and taken up blowing wet smoke rings as a hobby.

BTW, for those interested in rigging out the bow planes and shouting, "Clear the bridge! Dive, DIVE!", Florida T-Boomers can't be beat for sheer sandblast-your-a$$ volume. For heart-stopping, gonads-in-your-ears thrills, check out the mountain passes west of Missoula, MT., in a 70mph crosswind gullywasher sometime...

Attachments:

• Page: