TOPIC:

Iceland loggin in 26 May 2006 13:22 #50292

• kormkorka
  • kormkorka's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everybody.

I am Johann in Iceland.
I just bought a KZ 650 1981 partly in a basket (the motor) and plan to rebuild it with my students at school where I work. I have owned a Vulcan 1500 so this is my second Kawasaki.
I will probably need a lot of help from you guys if you have the patience but I hope I will be able to restore this bike to its original look, color and all.
I am afraid it needs a lot of work and I will also have to buy many things and there is a slight problem.
In Iceland we have no salvage companys that deal with bikes ao I will have to buy from abroad which is to a slight disadvantage but I am a believer and very optimistic about the project so here I go.
I have some photos that I will try to put on the site for you to see.
I does not seem to be able to put more than one photo in to the message somehow this time.
The bike does not look too bad but rust and corrison have made some parts rather sad.
I am looking forward to join the club and if you have any questions about whatever I can help you with in Iceland feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you out.

Regards from Iceland.

Johann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Iceland loggin in 26 May 2006 13:44 #50295

• fightfire4life
  • User
hello iceland, i'm new here as well and learned a very good lesson so far, check the archives first( i'm guessing this sit is still pretty fresh and have found a lot of great info and tech tips searching bike class specific forums in the archives) but great to hear from you and happy restorations

Iceland loggin in 26 May 2006 23:40 #50401

• tganek
  • Visitor
Welcome!

Don't worry too much about parts.

eBay eBay eBay!!!!

We have Jeff from Z1 Enterprises here as well. You should be able to find anything you need!
Or just ask!

I have one Iceland question... what's up with the milk wrestling!

Iceland loggin in 27 May 2006 03:28 #50407

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Welcome Johann! You will find what you need, in terms of help, on this site. Lots of information and many Z650 owners here! There is also atleast one other member of this forum who is from Iceland (think he has a Z1300). And someone on this site posted a link to a video of a fellow in Iceland who races big-block V8 jeeps w/paddle tires on water!:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Iceland loggin in 27 May 2006 10:58 #50452

• kormkorka
  • User
Thank you Mcdroid I think I know the z 1300 guy and I know the other quite well. My son used to race car similar to the one you mention not on water though but on steep slopes. They competed quite often but have both quit racing for the time beeing at least and my son has turned to motorcycles again.
Mind you Iceland is not that big and cannot hide such extremeties without a lot of people knowing about it.

Regards.

Johann

Iceland loggin in 27 May 2006 11:00 #50453

• kormkorka
  • User
Hi and thanks tganek.
I am trying to figure out the question qbout the milk wrestling and cannot think of a thing at the moment.
I´ll get back to you later when I find out:)

• Page: