Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from Colorado 24 Apr 2006 22:15 #42407

• angrypeppers
  • angrypeppers's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone! I've been lurking a while, soaking up the knowledge here...pretty amazing stuff. While I don't have a Kawasaki yet, I will once I sell my dirtbike. Fiance said no new toys until and unless I get rid of one or more of my current toys:
1983 KTM495
1976 Puch moped
1964 Toyota Land Cruiser (no way I'm selling this!)
1993 Toyota Land Cruiser
1999 F350 Crew Cab 7.3 Turbodiesel

I'd like to get a nice KZ750, or may be something a bit bigger. Definitely something cheap to buy. I'll have a lot of questions before and after I buy, so please be patient! Everyone is a noobie at some point...

I've only owned one street bike before, a 1991 450 Nighthawk. Great bike to learn on, but a bit short on power. Which is probably a good thing for a first bike!

You'd think that with all my older toys, I'd learn! But I like the looks of the older bikes better than most new ones. Fixing them doesn't scare me. Parts availability doesn't scare me much either...though I do wish more OEM parts were available. I suppose part of the fun of older machines is keeping them running!

Anyway, I'm happy to be here...

Thx!
Chris

Post edited by: angrypeppers, at: 2006/04/25 01:20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello from Colorado 25 Apr 2006 06:44 #42464

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
Welcome to the site.
I checked Denver's Craigslist... don't know how close Denver is to you, but here's a 750. The photo's not actual, just a brochure photo, but it reads right for the price.
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/142086280.html
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

Hello from Colorado 25 Apr 2006 08:27 #42498

• angrypeppers
  • angrypeppers's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks! I'll take a look at the link tonite...craigslist is blocked at work. Centennial is a 'burb on the south side of Denver...

Chris

Post edited by: angrypeppers, at: 2006/04/25 11:27

Hello from Colorado 25 Apr 2006 09:14 #42505

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi there. Dropkick Murphys- isnt that a Boston band? That 750 on the Denver craigs list sounds like mine and several others here. Look in the 750 twins Gallery (under Members) for more photos. Vic, Twist and Steell have similar bikes shown there too.

• Page: