Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hello from Harmony 22 Apr 2006 05:15 #41613

• ambergrismooon
  • ambergrismooon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
<Grin>
KevZ that Ameracci of mine was a 1963. Only 11 years older than the one you rode. They were supposed to be the terror of the flat track until the japs took over but then again who else was there before the japs? I did hear Henderson and Indian had flat trackers. Maybe not the Hendersons. The 63 250 Sprint was the first Harley imported into the US and the only thing that made you think of a Harley was the Harley Davidson on the tank and the Blaze Orange color. The rest was pure Italian. Harley must have loved it they bought the rights to mfg here. Or maybe they just liked its track capabilities and it was simpler than desiging from scratch. Just look at the V-Rod of today and thank Bravarian Motor Works (BMW)for most of that. I always wanted a Beemer. Rode a few. Opportunity never presented itself. (More like me being a cheap creep!)

NONB The 650 can be made into about anything. Heck there is someone on here that has made a ATV out of one. They are versatile pleasure machines. What do you have 2 or 3? Far as I am concerned you are blessed. As far as vert twins have you looked at the 750 Twins gallery on this site. With no disrespect to the bike I was NOT much of a fan. After looking at this gallery I have changed my mind. Then again there are some real artists here. I think they could make a great tracker out of a Schwinnnnnnnnn!
Be Well
AmbergrismOoOn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello from Harmony 22 Apr 2006 05:19 #41614

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Don't you be dissin' 750 twins!:ohmy:

Hello from Harmony 22 Apr 2006 05:53 #41620

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
Never! Nevco48 I have a friend that bought a 750T new. The only problem with it was the dealer. He was a real arse. He jerked my friend around real good. The bike had some problems. Most were due to this dealer. We had to pretty much strip her and rebuild her. That dealer is still doing business(20 years later) but he's doing none of mine or my friends. That might have influenced me about the twins. But as they say it's never too late and with people who obviously love them and the 750 twin gallery here I have a fresh look at them. Heck, I never met a motorcycle I didn't like but there were a few I didn't love. I can think of a lot of things like that.
BTW my friend moved to FLA and I believe he still has the bike today. At least he did about 3 years ago.
Be Well
AmbergrismOoOn

Hello from Harmony 22 Apr 2006 07:31 #41634

• Nevco48
  • User
No offense taken, just busting your chops some...Everyone here has different tastes re KZ's, which keeps it interesting. I like my 750 but I want to loose the LTD handle bars (antlers, someone here calls 'em:laugh: ). I ve got standard bars from an old '78 but I will need new shorter clutch and brake cables to make it work so that will have to wait a bit.

Do you ever get down to Naragansett Bay? Years ago I spent a very drunken night in a house called Clingstone, it's on a rock in the bay just south of the Jamestown Bridge. That bridge just got blown up didn't it?

Hello from Harmony 22 Apr 2006 08:09 #41638

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
Yes, they took out part of the old Jamestown Bridge this week. Blew it up or down I guess. Big RI news here, the local news covered it from about 20 different angles. That sure was a hairy bridge to go over. Looked like a giant ski jump, kinda scarey fun. Just hated the center section. It was a grate and sort of took you where it wanted you to go. I lived in the Fla Keys for a while in the 70's. Right on the Marathon side of the old 7 Mile Bridge. Used to bomb across it on a CB450 headed to Key West to party. It had a swinging middle section of grating. But that wasn't high. It was a old railroad tressle converted to autos so it was real narrow. Semi's would pile up on it almost daily. They have new bridges now. Some of the old bridges were left to fish off of. Good idea. They were talking about leaving some of the Jamestown Bridge to fish off of. Not sure if that is still part of the plan or not. I haven't been to the bay in about 5 years now. Used to go all the time. Can't say I recall Clingstone....I might have been too drunk too.
My neighbor has a Harley with bars that have to be 2 feet tall. It is fun watching him move the bike around. Bet he has wind burned armpits.<grin> I had a couple of bikes with pullback and apehanger bars. I'm not a big fan of them either. I feel less in control with them. My 900LTD has the original bars on her. They are sort of mild pullbacks and I like them all but for the fact that they hurt my wrists. Better to have flatter bars with straighter hand (wrist)placement.

Hello from Harmony 22 Apr 2006 09:14 #41645

• Nevco48
  • User
ambergrismooon wrote:

My neighbor has a Harley with bars that have to be 2 feet tall. It is fun watching him move the bike around. Bet he has wind burned armpits.<grin> Better to have flatter bars with straighter hand (wrist)placement.

Couldn't agree more. I've got a riding buddy (Big Dick) that spent alot of time and money to put apehangers on his HD Heritage. He is 6'5" tall so he only looks somewhat ridiculous, but it just doesn't look comfortable at all. To each his own.

Hello from Harmony 22 Apr 2006 20:47 #41769

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Alright guys...that does it!
I am not going to install apehangers on the GPz thanks to y'all...sheeesh! :P ;)

Enjoy.

Hello from Harmony 23 Apr 2006 05:27 #41809

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
Neil you dont know what youre missing......that just AIN'T RIGHT!
Attachments:

Hello from Harmony 23 Apr 2006 05:42 #41810

• Scrapper
  • User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
  • Thank you received: 1
Now thats funny :laugh: Welcome to the site !

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!