Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hello from Harmony 20 Apr 2006 04:53 #41045

• ambergrismooon
  • ambergrismooon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
OK
Here is a pic of my 72 Triumph Trident. It's all orig with the exception of the wiring harness. It is a different beast. At first I didn't like the purple but it grew on me. 9,000 miles and I got it from a barn for $400. It was pretty much just dirty and mice had got to the wires. Rubber was shot but that was pretty much it. Sometimes things just happen that are good. Lucky the barn was tight and dry.

Post edited by: ambergrismooon, at: 2006/04/20 08:00
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello from Harmony 20 Apr 2006 10:14 #41130

• KevZ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome aboard ambergrismoon! Where are you located? Like others before, I got the Aqualung reference. Great album (I guess the new term is CD). Sounds like you are going to help us out alot!

Hello from Harmony 20 Apr 2006 13:44 #41171

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
Hi Kevz,
I hail from Harmony, Rhode Island USA. I notice you have a Harley 250. I had a 1963 Harley 250 Sprint. It was Harleys first 250 and was imported from Italy. Ameracci Italy's airplane maker made Harley's first 250's. After 1963 Harley bought the rights to mfg them here but the design was Italian. As for being helpful I hope so so far it's been the other way around. Seems like a great bunch here and a fountain of knowledge. Here's to knowledge and good friends.
Be Well

Hello from Harmony 20 Apr 2006 15:18 #41185

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Rhode Island: Not really an island...:P Welcome from another New Englander. Some of my family was/ is from Whitinsville MA so I know that territory.
That is a really Purple bike. Must be easy to pick out in a crowd!

OK- Tull trivia question- who was Jethro Tull?

Hello from Harmony 20 Apr 2006 16:40 #41209

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
I have 2 answers
#1 Ian Anderson, Glenn Cornick, Clive Bunker, Martin Barre.... I believe Anderson is a motorcycle fan. I think I read it somewhere.

#2 An agricultural inventor who lived in the 1600's he was never known to own a Kawasaki. At least he never registered one.

I worked a couple of years in Whitinsville. At the Draper Plant. Looong time ago.

The Triumph is in original color. Takes a while to get over it....then it looks good. I need purple crownand cape and I can be Burger King.

Post edited by: ambergrismooon, at: 2006/04/20 20:28

Hello from Harmony 20 Apr 2006 20:40 #41293

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
That definitely is a bright purple. My SR is very dark purple (Midnight Blue Kawasaki called it) and I love it. Thanks for sharing the pic of your Trident. Very, very nice bike.

Someday I'd like to find a well kept Triumph cheap, but I doubt it's in the cards. I've grown quite a liking of the Trumpets over the past few years. I'm more inclined to get a Hinkley Bonnie than an older one, though. In the meantime I'll tinker with my cheap KZ650s. :D

- Nate >>
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Hello from Harmony 21 Apr 2006 04:46 #41326

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
Know what NONB? I've had about 40 bikes in 37 years. I think back and only about 15 of those were true pleasures. My 77 650 has a special reason for being my favorite but even taking that reason away I think it is the best bike I've ever owned. She is smooth. I love the powerband. Parts are easy to get and there are a ton of aftermarket stuff. I can look at her all day. Her lines are beautiful a real classy design. All in all the kz650 would be my choice if I had to choose 1 bike to have and ride. Sometime I may post the story of my 650 but rest assured she will be with me for the rest of my days. That is more than I can say about any of the others. In fact I hope I run into another 650 to restore, I most likely couldn't resist it. I just sold a very nice 550 LTD. Had a sick feeling as she drove off. I can't imagine what it would be like to see the 650 motoring off. Somebody would have to shoot me! Enjoy the ride!!

Hello from Harmony 21 Apr 2006 17:31 #41532

• xstreamcanadian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I liked your post and you sound like a cool guy. That triumph is sweet. I saw one from hawaii that color with yellow accents, i always wondered if it was stock

Welcome to you sir

Hello from Harmony 21 Apr 2006 19:06 #41553

• KevZ
  • User
Ironically, I owned the Harley 250 when I was stationed in Italy with the Army. It was the AMF version. What was Willy thinking?
ambergrismooon wrote:

Hi Kevz,
I hail from Harmony, Rhode Island USA. I notice you have a Harley 250. I had a 1963 Harley 250 Sprint. It was Harleys first 250 and was imported from Italy. Ameracci Italy's airplane maker made Harley's first 250's. After 1963 Harley bought the rights to mfg them here but the design was Italian. As for being helpful I hope so so far it's been the other way around. Seems like a great bunch here and a fountain of knowledge. Here's to knowledge and good friends.
Be Well

Hello from Harmony 21 Apr 2006 19:35 #41555

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
Did yours look like this. Another barn find. Bike was solid. Took it little way. Parts were a little tough to find. Two guys wanted it. One was going to restore it and the other wanted to race it in vintage. I took a small loss to give it to the restorer. Not much really. But he said he was gonna mail me some pictures. That was 4 years ago. Told you parts were getting tough...or he sold it to the racer. <grin>
Attachments:

Hello from Harmony 21 Apr 2006 19:37 #41558

• KevZ
  • User
Not a very close resemblance. What year is that one? Mine was a '74 - not a '47!

Hello from Harmony 21 Apr 2006 20:26 #41571

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
ambergrismooon wrote:

Know what NONB? I've had about 40 bikes in 37 years. ... All in all the kz650 would be my choice if I had to choose 1 bike to have and ride.

Wow! That is quite a testimonial for the KZ650 line. I am quite happy with my SR and and slowly working on my newest addition, a '79 650B. I can't wait to find out how or if it runs (may take a bit more work than cleaning the carbs. I haven't gotten that far).

To think that when I started looking about three years ago I knew very little about the KZ650 and it wasn't high on my list. I've now completely fallen in love with the line and find them to be popular and desirable bikes.

I still gotta get my hands on a vertical twin of some sort one of these days...

- Nate >>
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )