Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New to the forum, but old rider 01 Dec 2005 19:21 #11348

• SweetestMorgan
  • SweetestMorgan's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, my name is Morgan and I was invited here by a nice guy from another Board I post to. I don't know the guy, lol, but he thought I'd like this forum.

I'm a 41 yr old woman and I've been riding since I was about 12. I was the younger sister and my brothers taught me the basics of riding and I'd ride their bikes when no one was around.

I owned my first bike at 16 and have owned a bike of some sort almost always. At this time I have a wonderful 1981 Kawasaki 440 LTD that's in excellent running condition and needs a little cosmetic work. My brothers or my ex did most of my maintenance and I'm needing to learn a lot of stuff on my own now.

I'm glad to be a part of this place and hope to learn from it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to the forum, but old rider 01 Dec 2005 20:07 #11358

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome to the forum!

You might want to say hello to Abbie in the "Chit Chat" forum (the thread is "Am I the only girl around?").

And pics are always welcome. Even if the 440 isn't in pristine condition, they're all fun to look at. :)

New to the forum, but old rider 01 Dec 2005 21:25 #11368

• tganek
  • Visitor
Hello Morgan!
Saw your post on the other board! Glad you decided to check it out. You won't be disappointed! These guys are the real deal.

"You might want to say hello to Abbie in the "Chit Chat" forum (the thread is "Am I the only girl around?")."

Right on GargantuChet! My thoughts exactly, gotta get these dynamic women together!!!

New to the forum, but old rider 02 Dec 2005 00:05 #11383

• KZJohn
  • User
Welcome Morgan. Don't be shy, ask whatever questions you have, someone here will have the answer. You will be hounded for pic's of your bike however. We love pic's!:P

New to the forum, but old rider 02 Dec 2005 06:27 #11408

• georgeha
  • User
Welcome Morgan.

Can I call you an experienced rider instead? I'm looking at 40 in a few months, and I don't want to feel old.

Thanks,

George

New to the forum, but old rider 02 Dec 2005 06:34 #11409

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome to KZR.

Can I call you an experienced rider instead? I'm looking at 40 in a few months, and I don't want to feel old.

I agree, having just past 40. I'm in my second childhood riding again after 10 years away from it.

Did someone mention pics yet?;) ;)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

New to the forum, but old rider 02 Dec 2005 07:30 #11420

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
Hello Morgan...welcome to KZR. Lots of nice people here (and the occasional wanker, too) and an enormous experience base...you can use this place in many ways; take your time, look around, explore the archives and the filebase, or just be chatty. The site is primarily user driven and don't be afraid to ask questions...even if you think it's a silly one (I've been riding for 40 years and I'm just full of stupid questions).
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

New to the forum, but old rider 02 Dec 2005 09:03 #11439

• SweetestMorgan
  • SweetestMorgan's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello back everyone and thanks for the warm welcome!
As soon as I can get the Little Lady out from under what remains of her cover I'll try and get pics of her, lol. And yes, please use experienced, not old, lol. I'm a young 41 on most days. :laugh:
I will get a picture of her soon though as I've told a few other people I will. I've only had her not quite a year and just haven't gotten around to it. :whistle:

I will check out other boards between listing, etc... as it seems a couple of you do too, lol. I'll definitely learn as much as I can and maybe drop a pearl of wisdom here and there.

New to the forum, but old rider 02 Dec 2005 09:36 #11446

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Welcome aboard! Like evrybody says......got questions, ask them. Thats why we're all here....to help and aid in anyway. Bet you'll have answers to somebody's questions yourself.
Anyway.....just saying HI.....
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

• Page: