Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A year of the forum gone.......Luckily not this kz site 22 Jun 2021 11:59 #850590

• Shankkole
  • Shankkole's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 141
   Wow folks.The chopper site/Forum I frequent just got over a years worth of posts wiped out. I advise all here to backup any and ALL important info off of here.I have no tech knowledge, but man it seems like this will keep happening. I begged the wife to copy down the Kawasaki video off the tube.Now Im making a list of info from here, to get in hard copy and backup in software. I shudder at never hearing that high pitched voice on the factory video.I have watched it as much as National Lampoons Christmas at this point.    
May this never happen here, Be well
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Shankkole.

A year of the forum gone.......Luckily not this kz site 22 Jun 2021 13:52 #850600

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
Let’s hope we don’t have that happen, but it does bring up a point I was courious about. I’ve thought about having a copy of my project post and how would one get it. 
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

A year of the forum gone.......Luckily not this kz site 22 Jun 2021 15:54 #850602

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 361
Mikaw there is a difference between running a backup on the forum and having a copy of your project.  First only the admins (or others with the rights to do so) can run a backup on the forum and this type of backup does not keep info in a manner that would show the page(s) of your project. The backup will only work with the forum software to restore all of the info on the forum. 

As to you wanting to have a copy of your project you can do screen prints and save to another program, like a word processor or pdf file..  You could also copy the text and pull down any pics that have been added to your project and put them together in some other program.
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

A year of the forum gone.......Luckily not this kz site 23 Jun 2021 06:20 #850641

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
  • Thank you received: 1271
It's not possible to back up a single thread. However we pay a bit over $100.00 per year to have the site backed up three times a week. I've already had to restore a back up once which caused us to loose 24 hours of postings. So I know how the process works, and it works well. I've also done manual back ups and found that process takes 12 or so hours, so it's not useful except to have a copy of the site on my computer. In any case since I took over the site six years ago, I've made it priority number one to keep the software up to date, even though doing so sometimes does cause chafing when the newest version comes out with unexpected bugs.
So, looking forward, if something would go wrong the worst case would be that you tried to log in and found a notice that the site was down. In the meantime I would be working to restore a back up which might mean that, at worst case, we'd loose two days of postings.
KZRider.com and KZ1300.com are secure!
Bill
www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx, DOHC, Street Fighter LTD, SWest, Mikaw, Nerdy, 78kawltd, Shankkole

A year of the forum gone.......Luckily not this kz site 23 Jun 2021 09:59 #850646

• Shankkole
  • Shankkole's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 141
You are awesome Mr KZQ! Happy to hear its a pinch if it happens here, instead of Mike Tyson level K.O.
Be well 
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ

• Page: