Custom part for motorcycles

More
26 Apr 2019 14:46 #802871 by FJR1
Custom part for motorcycles was created by FJR1
Hello guys. Since last year, I have been a member of this forum, a happy member, as I found the community to be extremely helpful and kind. This helps me a lot in the progress of my KZ400 G2 1981 cafe racer project. One aspect of the build is incorporated into my university final year project in product design. I am proposing a solution to allow enthusiast to customise parts online for their motorcycle. The aim is to offer the possibility for anyone to create unique designs and quality parts that would fit onto their motorcycle, at a relatively accessible price compare to traditional methods of production. The parts would be 3D printed. The advantages of using this manufacturing methods would be, more complex geometry of the part, decreased manufacturing cost and delivery time. I will be delivering the parts (headlights, seat, taillight and Tank cover ) in September and I hope to show you the parts when they are done!!!

As any project I must submit a primary research (on site research) which I must display in my report as my findings. This will guide me into what features of the digital solution and design of the parts the final product will have.

If you could spare me some time to fill up this survey, Here , I would greatly appreciate. Thank you very much for your help in advance!!!!
If you have any questions about the project please do not hesitate!
Have a nice day!!!
Thank you
Regards
R1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
26 Apr 2019 15:34 #802874 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Custom part for motorcycles
This project / experiment was blessed by KZQ
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: FJR1

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
26 Apr 2019 15:44 #802876 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Custom part for motorcycles
Took the survey
Easy
HTH

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
26 Apr 2019 18:16 #802884 by bluej58
Replied by bluej58 on topic Custom part for motorcycles
Me too

78 KZ1000 A2A

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
29 Apr 2019 19:17 #803057 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic Custom part for motorcycles
I'm pretty familiar with 3D printing. If someone had the ability to print a seat pan or an air box out of something like nylon, I believe there would be a good market for vintage accessories.
Presently, most 3D printing is limited to prototyping where a lot of money is still cheaper than a custom made part. Even though the technology is changing almost daily the prices are still too steep, in my opinion.
I took the survey.
Thanks for giving us the chance to express our opinions.
Bill

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300