Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'83 KZ1100 LTD 04 Dec 2018 02:06 #794598

• Rich
  • Rich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I haven't been on the site in a very long time, looks like a lot has changed since, but it still seems a good, busy site.

I have a 1983 KZ1100 I bought a long time ago, rode for a while, then decided to make it good again and got started on that. I accumulated a lot of parts and etra stuff and got started on it, among other things had all the body work professionally painted and the tank internally coated by Moyer's so it'll never rust again, not just the Kreme stuff. As I said, I have a lot of spare parts along with the complete bike and had intended to really make it good again, then a deployment or two came along, moves, couple of other bikes and I'm at a point where I'm needing to downsize and get rid of some things I know now I'll never get to.

So, before I go to posting a for sale ad and trying to sell it on Craigslist locally, I'm trying to gauge interest in a good project for someone who has the time and know how. The bike is in north central Kansas just outside of Fort Riley and has been in a barn on concrete with a good roof. It has a clear title in my name and I even kept the tags current. It is disassembled to some extent, though not a basket case by any means. I'm not looking for a value on it right now, I know I need to get a detailed list of all the parts and such and also some pictures, but I remember we had some guys who took on worse projects than this and turned out some beautiful bikes. I don't want to just give it away, and I could part all of it out, but that would be a lot of time and headaches and would have to wait til Summer time when I have the time to do all that and I'd rather be done with it. I need to part with it and would rather it went to someone who'd appreciate it and would like to get at least some of what I put into it back out of it.

Any thoughts? I'll try to log in here more frequently to check replies or PMs if I can figure that out again. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'83 KZ1100 LTD 04 Dec 2018 06:33 #794606

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 622

Rich wrote: I haven't been on the site in a very long time, looks like a lot has changed since, but it still seems a good, busy site.

I have a 1983 KZ1100 I bought a long time ago, rode for a while, then decided to make it good again and got started on that. I accumulated a lot of parts and etra stuff and got started on it, among other things had all the body work professionally painted and the tank internally coated by Moyer's so it'll never rust again, not just the Kreme stuff. As I said, I have a lot of spare parts along with the complete bike and had intended to really make it good again, then a deployment or two came along, moves, couple of other bikes and I'm at a point where I'm needing to downsize and get rid of some things I know now I'll never get to.

So, before I go to posting a for sale ad and trying to sell it on Craigslist locally, I'm trying to gauge interest in a good project for someone who has the time and know how. The bike is in north central Kansas just outside of Fort Riley and has been in a barn on concrete with a good roof. It has a clear title in my name and I even kept the tags current. It is disassembled to some extent, though not a basket case by any means. I'm not looking for a value on it right now, I know I need to get a detailed list of all the parts and such and also some pictures, but I remember we had some guys who took on worse projects than this and turned out some beautiful bikes. I don't want to just give it away, and I could part all of it out, but that would be a lot of time and headaches and would have to wait til Summer time when I have the time to do all that and I'd rather be done with it. I need to part with it and would rather it went to someone who'd appreciate it and would like to get at least some of what I put into it back out of it.

Any thoughts? I'll try to log in here more frequently to check replies or PMs if I can figure that out again. Thanks in advance.

Get rid of other stuff, and finish this. Pour a little more love in, then "ride the piss out of it", per SWest. Odds favor you won't regret it.

:woohoo:
1982 KZ1100-A2

'83 KZ1100 LTD 04 Dec 2018 15:52 #794631

• CCrosswait
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 22
PM sent.
2019 Indian FTR1200S
2018 Triumph Rocket 3
1981 Kawasaki KZ1100A1
1977 Yamaha RD400
1980 Honda Express II

• Page: