Forever Black Review

More
23 Oct 2006 20:39 #86733 by austin3119
Forever Black Review was created by austin3119
Before I start, I think it would be helpful if we had a forum on kzrider for product reviews. It sure beats reinventing the wheel every time you take on a project. Anyway, here is the review.

Hi guys I just got a package in the mail today of a product called Forever Black. I used it on the Warning Light Console and Key Holder. It was very easy to use and dyed the plastic back to a nice deep black glossy look. The more coats you put on the plastic piece, the better it looks. Make sure to tape off any parts that you don't want the product to dye. The product is a liquid and is applied with a sponge applicator reminiscent of a container of liquid shoe polish with the foam applicator. You just tip the bottle upside down and push down until some product starts filling up the sponge applicator then rub away.

As far as longevity, I have no clue, but it made the cover look very good.

Here's the link to where I bought it. If you google it there are a bunch of places that have it available.

www.superiorcarcare.net/forblacbumtr.html

Good luck.

Post edited by: austin3119, at: 2006/10/24 01:11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2006 20:48 #86738 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Forever Black Review
Before an AFTER pics??:whistle:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
23 Oct 2006 21:53 #86771 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic Forever Black Review
I'm having a problem with pics right now. Unfortunately, my bag was taken out of my car about a month ago. In my bag was the chord that attaches to my digital camera. So for right now I'm SOL. It was my fault I guess, I left my car unlocked, and the bag looked like a laptop bag. I'm sure the kids were dissapointed when all they found in the bag was business papers. Haaa.

More
24 Oct 2006 06:38 #86827 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Forever Black Review
A couple years back, I bought a seat for a KZ off eBay that was brown... the pic on eBay made it look black but it was dark brown and the color didn't suit the application. I bought some spray vinyl dye at the autoparts store and while it looked OK, it tends to wear and needs to be touched up. The stuff I used was a spray... like spray paint and while it worked OK and tended not to crack where the seat flexes, it does tend to wear... I would like to try some of this stuff on a seat to see how it does... Also would like to see how it works on foot peg rubber which tends to get nasty looking with age.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!