Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Help me decide! (Update! Pics) 16 Nov 2005 13:32 #8519

• Wildog
  • Wildog's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am almost finished with my KZ650 streetfighter project. I have extended my swingarm even more from 4 to 6 inches, cut the rear of the bike off and shortened it into a single seat with a high flip tail. Added a chin fairing and a YZF fairing and dual headlights along with a 2 inch front lowering and a set of clubman bars. Also added a pair of rearsets. I am down to two color options. First option is to paint it black with airbrushed real style flames, cool but it is being done so much now. Second option is wrap all body parts in real tree advantage camo, not seen much very rare. Keep in mind it is a street fighter. Also wheels frame engine, basically everything is coated in black no chrome.

(Need you opinions.)

Post edited by: Wildog, at: 2005/11/16 16:33

Post edited by: Wildog, at: 2006/01/04 11:22
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help me decide! 16 Nov 2005 13:46 #8522

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Hmmm...camo is good...conveys the sense of military, combat, etc. and follows the streetfighter theme...on the flip side, flames are timeless and a perennial favorite. I know that many people use them and are tired of them but I still like "black with flames".
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Help me decide! 16 Nov 2005 14:39 #8527

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
Or Zebra, or tiger (both easier to paint) anything but leopard...it may look good in person, but the one picture I saw I didn't care for...besides, it's been done. I guess Triumph did the tiger, too. (rambling on...) Is an animal a possibility, or have you pretty much decided one of the top two? I would like to do a tiger mimic in shades of Kawasaki green and black and white and lighter green...enough to identify it as a tiger print, but unmistakably Kawasaki...Never will, so if you like it, go for it.

Help me decide! 16 Nov 2005 17:43 #8557

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I like the cammo idea but I have heard that the wrap stuff does not do well on curved parts. I am thinking that the tank will be hard to do. I can picture the wrap wrinkling as you try to apply to tank. I think it would be cool if you could get it to work.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 04:39 #8592

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
since you're asking for opinions :evil: I HATE CAMMO
the flames would be cool in kawi green

Post edited by: btchalice, at: 2005/11/17 07:50
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.
Attachments:

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 05:42 #8596

• KZReeder
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Post a picture of the bike unfinished! I like the camo idea... sounds like you've got a bike with major attitude:silly:

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 06:13 #8599

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
I voted black with regular flames below, but I LIKE the green flames.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 07:24 #8615

• Wildog
  • User
Keep `em coming, last night I decided to do a test. I have two tanks for the bike, both are for a KZ900 with emblems removed "I like a fat tank on a smaller frame". I wrapped one in the camo, about an hour of work but looks great and painted the other with the real flames, no clearcoat though ran out of time. After swapping them around over and over I am liking the way the camo looks. Don't get me wrong, flames always look bad a.. on a bike. I just want a look that isn't around. Right now there are 3 Harleys 1 Suzuki cruiser, and a crotch rocket around my area with the real flames, the rocket has the green flames, and one harley has purple ones done by me. The camo just gives it that no frills, I mean business look. Plus you have to realize I live in Arkansas so it is kinda fitting. Still undecided so keep em coming. Below is a sample bike I found online with the camo I have installed.

Post edited by: Wildog, at: 2005/11/17 10:26
Attachments:

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 07:40 #8618

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I may be in the minority but I like the camo. Glad you got it to work on your tank. Camo with flat black would be pretty intimidating looking. Make sure you have a helmet to match. I think Simpson makes the best looking helmet. Very expensive but it would look sooo cool in flat balck.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 08:00 #8620

• Wildog
  • User
Funny you said that, I flat blacked one of my old helmets last night and put some strips of the camo from my tank cuts on it like scallops from the chin upward at an angle and it looked mean as hell. I am going to get my digital camera back this weekend so I can get some pics of everything posted. I messed up I should have taken pictures from the start, the bike was really a mess.

Post edited by: Wildog, at: 2005/11/17 11:02

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 09:08 #8633

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
Camo is a bit... mullet. Then again, you do live in Arkansas, where mulletude is rampant. So long as you're thinking of applying a big sticker to your bike, have you considered other patterns?

As for flames, I still like the classic hotrod flames with pinstriped edges... but that's me.
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

Help me decide! 17 Nov 2005 10:10 #8638

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
I like that bike in camo, I didn't think I would until I saw the pic. I can imagine an outdoors type of person wanting it. But it wouldn't be for me, I'd opt for flames on MY bike. So do what YOU like, and you'll never regret it.
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles