Powder coating in phoenix???

More
18 Aug 2006 07:27 #70587 by AJCrader
Powder coating in phoenix??? was created by AJCrader
I would like to get my frame powder coated but I can't seem to find any places that seem decent to me, they all seem to be a bit shady, anyone in the phoenix,az area know of any places?

Post edited by: AJCrader, at: 2006/08/18 10:28

AJ
Drag bike, 1220cc Z1R KZ project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2006 07:45 #70593 by MkII
Replied by MkII on topic Powder coating in phoenix???
Glendale Powder Coating
4020 N.Grand Ave.
602-246-0975

I've done several bike chassis and alot of furniture with them and been happy. usually a few days turn around time. when you pull up you will see all the chopper, sand rail, ect frames waiting their turn.

1977A1 current project: 1075, Web cams, VM29's Cavanaugh massaged head, Z1 crank

1979A3A Parked in 1986 left in shed

Phx,Az

More
18 Aug 2006 08:29 #70609 by AJCrader
Replied by AJCrader on topic Powder coating in phoenix???
thanks thats right by me and i didn't know there was one there, i'm at 40th ave and missouri, must be my lucky day or something!

AJ

• wireman
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2006 11:16 #70653 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Powder coating in phoenix???
the only problem with powdercoating is it doesnt lend itself well to modifications,if its gonna be a dragbike youre always gonna be adding/removing differant things till you get your combination figured out.id suggest painting it for now till you get everything figured out.;)

More
18 Aug 2006 11:26 #70655 by AJCrader
What should I use then, spray paint? I just want it orange, lol, but thought powder coating would last longer, and be a ton stronger

AJ

• wireman
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2006 12:21 #70663 by wireman
depends on your skill level,i just hate to see ya having to change it once you powdercoat it.we are going to get my 1385 completely done with a smaller motor and drive it around a few times before blowing it back apart for painting and the mother of all motors!:evil: :P

More
18 Aug 2006 12:51 #70677 by AJCrader
Well i plan for it to be a low maintenance bracket drag bike. Simple enough right?

AJ

• wireman
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2006 12:59 #70681 by wireman
thats how my projects start out too!:P skipper needed an exhuast stud for his bike just pull one off here,well this parts looking rough better replate it,better paint this part now,now this part looks bad,wonder how this would look with that swingarm...... next thing ya know youre sitting in solomrus's garage trying to remember why you took that running bike you were gonna do a quickie 3 week detail job on all apart!:pinch: trust me it happens!hahaha
Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2006 13:06 #70685 by AJCrader
well considering i have no buddies with bikes, and its my only bike, and i have to tear it apart anyways, i just figured i do it while i built it

AJ