Front Fender

More
29 Jul 2006 16:48 #65726 by Sputnic81
Front Fender was created by Sputnic81
Well I have been silent on here for a while. Busy with other things unfortunately. Does anyone here run their bike without a front fender? If so have you had any problems associated with it?

I recently took mine off because the bracket is bent and the fender was wearing into the side of the tire. I am considering just leaving it off. I could not think of anything terrible that might result from it, but would like some more input. Thanks guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2006 17:26 #65736 by ambergrismooon
Replied by ambergrismooon on topic Front Fender
Other than slinging road grime maybe an occasional gravel bit nicely imitating a ballistic projectile on the engine or in your face or in the case of rain or encountering "someone watering his lawn puddles" your coils and electrical connections would stay dryier, your face too, which is nice. Other than those things. There isin't a thing I can think of. But some came stock with short fenders in the front. Even those helped a bit. Trackers generally run naked forks. The other thing is legality. Most of the time you have to keep a bike stock to be on the good side of the law. HA! Most law officers are cool about it as long as it's safe and not in their face or ears. A totally missing fender might qualify as in your face. I could be wrong. But the grime and wet are real considerations too.

More
29 Jul 2006 18:59 #65769 by btchalice
Replied by btchalice on topic Front Fender
at the very least get a fork brace for cornering stability

Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

More
29 Jul 2006 22:49 #65820 by Sputnic81
Replied by Sputnic81 on topic Front Fender
I appreciate the info. As far as water and such Gris--I am a bit of a fair weather rider. If it looks like it might be thinking about raining I will stick to my cage. Also as far as legalities are concerned--I don't know of any--but then again I am not a traffic cop (or as I like to call them 'Weasels'.

As far a bracing the forks, I left the heavy steel bracket that the fender bolted on to in place at a brace. Does anyone know of a decent after market fender that I could throw on?

More
31 Jul 2006 06:34 #66040 by lifeliberty
Replied by lifeliberty on topic Front Fender
I've been running without a fender all year, no real problems, less stable above 70mph

More
31 Jul 2006 08:31 #66061 by buz0340
Replied by buz0340 on topic Front Fender
Ive been running front fenderless for the past two years. Every now and then I will get a small rock shot at me but that is even very rare. I dont ride in the rain very often so I cant comment on that.

More
31 Jul 2006 10:53 #66081 by ambergrismooon
buz0340 wrote:

Ive been running front fenderless for the past two years. Every now and then I will get a small rock shot at me but that is even very rare.

Sorry!:woohoo:
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Visitor
31 Jul 2006 11:22 #66091 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Front Fender
ambergrismooon wrote:

buz0340 wrote:

Ive been running front fenderless for the past two years. Every now and then I will get a small rock shot at me but that is even very rare.

Sorry!:woohoo:

hey you werent supposed to show anybody that picure of me!:S :P

More
31 Jul 2006 11:48 #66095 by ambergrismooon
TODAY! After following that cement truck too damn close!
Attachments: