How did I hide my battery?? New cafe seat and cowl w/ pics!

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
25 Jul 2006 05:08 #64485 by Biquetoast
dutchz wrote:

...Gotta wait till it's done right?...

These bikes are never "done"... ;)

I love it. It looks angry.
...I just want to add my $0.02 and say that I like the fact that you (currently) have that tank with the Kaw badges. Let them know!

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2006 05:19 #64488 by cnyl
Ya got my my vote for bike of the month. AWESOME!
Are you going to paint the rear cowl to match?

1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

More
25 Jul 2006 06:36 #64521 by medic24
That bike is very, very sweet looking!!! Congratulations on a fine job

More
25 Jul 2006 07:07 #64531 by 1973Z
Man that is cool! Where did you find the fork boots? I have some nearly 20 years old and have no idea where to find replacements when the time comes. Yours appear to fit upper and lower tube diameters perfectly.

More
25 Jul 2006 08:49 #64544 by godsjester71
1973Z wrote:

Man that is cool! Where did you find the fork boots? I have some nearly 20 years old and have no idea where to find replacements when the time comes. Yours appear to fit upper and lower tube diameters perfectly.

Think the Gators from a W650 would work?

More
25 Jul 2006 09:12 #64554 by dutchz
KZReeder wrote:

Very cool man! You just confirmed my thots... I just picked up a sealed battery that I plan on laying on it's side and tucking up out of view... should have it done tonight... I plan on mounting mine in the stock battery location. I'll post pics when it's done.

B)

Cool, let's see those pictures! What size battery did you pick up, and are you keeping the starter?

Biquetoast wrote:

These bikes are never "done"...

I know... it's constantly evolving. I enjoy the whole creative process so much though. To me pretty much as much fun as riding. Actually, the gratification of coming up with an idea and then making it work makes riding my bike sooooo much better. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

cnyl wrote:

Are you going to paint the rear cowl to match?

I haven't decided, the thought had crossed my mind. Right now I'm kind of enjoying the aluminum, balances out with the fork brace. Also, I'm still making some little tweaks and will remake the cowl using this one as a template. I'll finish up the seat first.

1973Z wrote:

They're off a Commando I believe, but they're really too small on the bottom. I'm looking for new ones I'll let you know when I find some!

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
25 Jul 2006 10:15 #64568 by guitargeek
I've said it before, but it bears repeating: I think this is probably my favorite bike on the whole damn site.

I found fork boots for my buddy's 750 Spectre on ebay. I just checked and there are several pair on there right now...

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
25 Jul 2006 12:47 #64603 by MattBlack
Very nice man. Very nice indeed.

2 Thumbs up.

More
17 Jan 2013 04:45 #567844 by yunozoom
do you have any more pics of the end result? where did you find the rear lights?