swing arm caps

More
23 Jul 2006 15:59 #64083 by geerbangr
swing arm caps was created by geerbangr
anyone have the 2 swing arm caps laying on your shelf that will fit my bike???Kaw shop says obsolete,so the goose chase begins. The kaw part # is 11012.1985 ltd 1100 :dry:

1978 KZ 1000

I go by Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
23 Jul 2006 17:56 #64094 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic swing arm caps
The 11012 you saw listed for the swingarm caps (arrow pointing to one of them in the pic below) on the buykawasaki.com website is just the reference number, the complete part number is 11012-1386.

Initially I was thinking they might be the same as the ones on my ZN700 LTD (perfectly round), but they're a completely diff animal. And to make matters worse, the Kawi cross-reference software lists them as only fitting the '84 and '85 ZN1100 LTD model. :(

Trust me, I've been through the same thing in trying to locate some parts for my bike.
A good portion of them are specific to only the ZN700 model, and the identical parts from a ZN750 or ZN1100 have completely diff part numbers.

Now armed with the complete part#, the best I can suggest to you is calling all the Kawi dealerships you can locate to see if they have what you need. Dealerships that have been around for 20+ years might net you better luck, as one or more of them just might have one (or more) that's covered with 2" of dust from years of sitting on a shelf.

Another option would be to place a wanted add for that part at www.findmypart.com/ .
Don't limit yourself to a NOS part, as someone out there just might have one or more used caps in perfectly good condition.

I placed an add there about a week ago for either a complete set of gauges, or at least the speedometer and tach units for my bike. Within 4 days I had 3 replies; One offering me a complete bike with title for $600, another with a NOS tach for $250 (over $100 cheaper than retail at my local Kaw dealer), and yet another with a complete undamaged set of gauges, but who mistakenly thought the ZN700 was the same as a KZ750 Spectre. :whistle:

Good luck in your search. :)

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2006/07/23 20:58

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.