New side panels/covers

More
22 Jul 2006 05:26 #63833 by KB02
New side panels/covers was created by KB02
Okay, so I did a search, but idn't find what I was looking for. I was thkning of replaceing the side covers on my 1980 KZ550c. ONe is crackedright at the lower mounting tab and the other almost looks like it was melted somehow. Does anyone know if they are available in the aftermarket, or do I have to through Kawasaki to get them? I checked with Dennis Kirk, bt they don't have a listing or them.

Or am I S.O.L. if I can't fix what I've got?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2006 06:18 #63844 by Nevco48
Replied by Nevco48 on topic New side panels/covers
Set up an eBay search for the side covers. Sometimes it takes a little fine tuning with the wording of your search parameters to weed out crap you don't need. Then just be patient, it might take a few months but side covers don't make your bike go any faster, right?

More
22 Jul 2006 09:46 #63869 by Fourtoes
Replied by Fourtoes on topic New side panels/covers
Just be patient!

Its taken me 3 months to get a decent cowl and right side panel for my Z650 1979. I'm just waiting on the left side panel. At the right price and condition. At the moment they are selling for crazy prices on Ebay and others are going for a pittance. Just keep on looking.

More
22 Jul 2006 11:15 #63882 by kzmarvo
Replied by kzmarvo on topic New side panels/covers
I agree, if you take your time ebay will be what you need. After about 2 months of looking and bidding i found 2 original covers for 68$ total. It took me awhile but it worked for me.:woohoo:

Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

More
24 Jul 2006 05:06 #64175 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic New side panels/covers
There are some aftermarket ones here.

www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/side_covers.htm

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)