motorcycle cover

• Ojisan rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
23 Jun 2024 00:26 #901158 by Ojisan rider
motorcycle cover was created by Ojisan rider
Aloha guys. As the title say, I'm looking for motorcycle cover to cover two project bikes I have.

I bought both cover about the same time, and both covers are in need of replacement after three season outside and it's showing it's age. I have rips here and there. Still won't get the bike completely wet, but I want to avoid that.

Reason why I'm asking this is because I bought a motorcycle cover that I've used in the past to cover my other stuff (two bicycle and a Chevy engine on the stand) and the cover is not what it used to be. It's lot more thinner and it's already showing, well, not yet, but looks like rip is coming soon. At this moment, I don't want to spend too much on the cover as I'm still working on the bikes. Both don't have mirrors installed so after the work, size will grow. So at this point, I'm looking for just that. something to cover both bikes. I'm willing to spend, at most, $100 each for the cover. I'm hoping I can get it lot less but I am willing to pay for quality.

I went on Amazon but they all look pretty thin. I'm more worried that wind will rip it a part so I'm looking for fairly thick cover. Weight is secondary. Lighter is better, but I'm not going to take them off everyday. Because of where I live, I don't have to take snow in account. Just rain and wind. Gets pretty windy once in a while. Sun is all year around, so it needs some UV protection as well.

Any recommendation?

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ThatGPzGuy
  • Sustaining Member
  • More Sparky than Speed Racer
More
23 Jun 2024 05:16 #901169 by ThatGPzGuy
Replied by ThatGPzGuy on topic motorcycle cover
I use a Nelson-Rigg cover on my FJR. It's quality.  Nelson-Rigg

Jim
North GA
2016 Yamaha FJR1300ES
1982 GPz750 R1
1974 Kawasaki H1
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1979 Yamaha XS650 cafe'
2001 KZ1000P
2001 Yamaha YZ426
1981 Honda XR200 stroked in an '89 CR125 chassis
1965 Mustang
1967 Triumph GT6
1976 Bronco
"If you didn't build it, it's not really yours"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7

• Ojisan rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
24 Jun 2024 01:02 #901215 by Ojisan rider
Replied by Ojisan rider on topic motorcycle cover
Thanks! I'll look into it.

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.