Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Caliper paint stripping? 21 Jan 2021 07:16 #842112

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Very cool z1kzonly! Yep that's the old "big" Wisconsin MC plate. My first NEW motorcycle was a 1974 Sporty and it had the alarm system on the back of it. At first I thought it was the Cats A** but then I saw what that goofy alarm was doing to rear fenders and I took it off. We had a group of about 10 guys that all had various Sportsters from different years. Most of us ran shorty mufflers and good grief those bikes were loud, but not as loud as my 1975Z1B with the open Denco header on it! No one would ride near me when I had that bike out. Sometimes its hard to explain to people what it was like to ride a Harley back then because the "It's Cool to Own a Harley Era" hadn't kicked in yet. I remember going into places riding one of my Harleys and they wouldn't let me stay, but if I was on the Z I was OK to stay. One little burger joint used to make Harley riders park behind the place or out you went. Years later the owner ended up buying a Harley and overnight it was acceptable to park in front of his place with everyone else. I never let him live down the fact he used to toss us out at one time.
Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: