Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kz305 Seat/wheels 18 Feb 2018 06:50 #778944

• Calvert
  • Calvert's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I’m new to the forum here although I have read a few of the KZR threads in the past. I have a 1987 kz305 LTD, and a 1981 CSR (but this is more concerning the LTD).

I love my bike. It’s my first bike bought it when I was 16 didn’t even have my license yet. I love the style. My only real dislikes for the bike are the awkward seat bump up which seems to be fairly common among 80s bikes and the spoke wheels.

If anyone has any experience in the past with this sort of thing, any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve noticed some kz440s have sort of mag wheels that I really like, I was wondering if something like that would just fit direct to my bike? Also I would like a seat that can still fit a passenger, and is still as plush and comfortable for me, but just sweeps straight back without a bump up.

In the pictures below the white bike is mine and the other bikes are examples of the general idea I’m talking about

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

-NC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kz305 Seat/wheels 18 Feb 2018 06:54 #778945

• Calvert
  • Calvert's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Also, if anyone knows somewhere I can get a nice 2 in 1 exhaust that would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-NC

Kz305 Seat/wheels 18 Feb 2018 15:16 #778966

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
You can compare the wheels & hub components at various sites. Kawasaki.com. csml.com. powersportswarehouse.com. partzilla.com. etc.
I was expecting the 305 parts to be different/smaller, but the various 440s have some of the same parts.
The 440 has a 19" front wheel, so you'll probably want to get the 440 speedometer drive if the 440 wheels can be used. I don't know if they fit.

• Page: