Help Deciding on Color Scheme (full rebuild)

More
07 Nov 2017 08:54 #774302 by Smallzphoto
Ive decided to do a full rebuild for my 82' kz440 LTD since the frame was rusty and I had to pull the engine and open it up recently.

The bike is now in a bunch of plastic bins in my garage and I dropped the frame/kickstand/center stand off at the powder coater yesterday.

Initially I told the guy to do gloss black but now i'm wondering if I should pick a fun/non factory color scheme.

I want to build this bike as a "Street tracker/Cafe" style bike. Im planning on fabbing up my own seat and pan and repainting the wheels and tank.

I don't think the guy will actually start the powdercoating process til tomorrow so Im open to cool ideas in the meantime.

My initial plan: black frame with a silver/chrome (looks like bare metal) powder coated gas tank and a black seat.

2nd option: Army green/moss green (glossy) frame with a black tank and swing arm and a black seat

3rd Option: Army green/moss green (glossy) frame with a silver/chrome gas tank and a brown seat.

The wheels will probably be black again but I cant decide between repainting them to look factory (silver with black inserts) or FULL black.

If you guys have other cool ideas about which you think will be best I'd love to hear them :)
Or maybe you have another scheme that I havent thought of that would be cool?

I probably have to call the guy later today to have him "stop the presses!" If I want to change it from glossy black to something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2017 09:40 - 07 Nov 2017 09:42 #774305 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Help Deciding on Color Scheme (full rebuild)
Gloss black frame. alternate colors often times don't look right & could affect the ability to sell the bike quickly.
Silver black wheels. all black makes them look like a guy just has at it with a rattlecan.

...... This one is kinda neat, though.

....... But I much prefer this.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2017 09:42 by martin_csr.

More
07 Nov 2017 09:48 #774306 by Smallzphoto
Replied by Smallzphoto on topic Help Deciding on Color Scheme (full rebuild)
Whoa I hadn't thought about silver as an option for the frame yet. Could be cool. Still, I see your point about resale.....

More
07 Nov 2017 09:55 - 07 Nov 2017 09:56 #774307 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Help Deciding on Color Scheme (full rebuild)
I would call that gun-metal gray.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2017 09:56 by martin_csr.

More
07 Nov 2017 10:00 #774309 by Smallzphoto
Replied by Smallzphoto on topic Help Deciding on Color Scheme (full rebuild)
Heres an example of what I was talking about with the army green for the frame..... Although seeing this gunmetal greyish color is kinda cool too. The green kinda looks a bit more "youthful" but the grey, silver, or black seem more "refined". My friend also suggested white for the frame....but It doesn't tickle my fancy at all.
I do kinda like the silver for the gas tank though as is feels more raw and edgy.

Attachments: