Spectre gold.....anyone know the code?

More
05 Oct 2017 18:48 #772405 by RLBuddi
Wondering what the paint code is for Spectre gold, ....anyone know? Gonna paint my pin-striping on the tank, side covers and fenders. Since I can't find any matching pin-striping, and I'm a lil leary bout trying to do sharp curves (side covers) w/ pin-stripes. Never done this before, but I'm about to give it a wirl.

Please advise. Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 19:42 #775038 by Hyde_me
Replied by Hyde_me on topic Spectre gold.....anyone know the code?
I am not sure of the year/model your trying to match but I have had good luck with Diablo Cycle. They sell all sorts of reproduction decals for the older bikes. They site is a little hard to search but if you have the time it has most everything. Diablo Cycle's Website

More
25 Nov 2017 05:26 #775041 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Spectre gold.....anyone know the code?
A color code is one thing but what you really need is a paint formula code. Each paint manufacturer creates these formulas, typically different for each paint line they sell. And since our KZ bikes are so old this info is next to impossible to get. You may be better off taking a sample of the color into your local auto paint store and ask them to match it. It won't be cheap but the color will be pretty close assuming they have a decent color guy doing the work.

More
25 Nov 2017 12:21 #775055 by RLBuddi
Replied by RLBuddi on topic Spectre gold.....anyone know the code?
Yeah, I looked high and low with no luck....before posting here lol. Sonic Gold is pretty close to the color of the Spectre forks, shocks, wheels and engine cases, BUT doesn't seem as dark as the pin-striping.

Thanks guys
Attachments: