Z1R Paintwork

More
25 May 2016 14:39 #728511 by larriken
Z1R Paintwork was created by larriken
Hi all, I have a Z1R to paint back to the original Stardust Silver. Problem being that I have no reference to work from as there are no Z1R's anywhere near me with their original paint work. All we have to go from are photos and what we can glean from the net and books. A mate of mine painted up a few panels in Honda's Havasu Blue that is recommended in Tony Sculpher's Z1R book as a close replacement. Jury is still out until we can get it out in the light and have a good look. Question is..............has anyone out there had any joy matching this colour? I have searched old threads and see this question has come up a few times but without any real success. What I would love is just to get my hands on a panel with the original colour for a few days and problem solved! :blink:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2016 15:14 #728519 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Z1R Paintwork
Take a look at the link below. It looks like Paintworkz was able to match the silver on a 1978 Z1R (turbo), so maybe they can shed some light on the subject. Ed

paintworkz.com/customersZ1photos.html

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

More
25 May 2016 15:24 #728524 by Irish-Kawi
Replied by Irish-Kawi on topic Z1R Paintwork

650ed wrote: Take a look at the link below. It looks like Paintworkz was able to match the silver on a 1978 Z1R (turbo), so maybe they can shed some light on the subject. Ed

paintworkz.com/customersZ1photos.html

My GOD those are some gorgeous bikes!!!!!

Brett

All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

More
27 May 2016 08:35 #728817 by PaintWorkz
Replied by PaintWorkz on topic Z1R Paintwork
That Honda color on the fender looks good....but no way to say if it is a correct match from a photo. When I painted my TC I added a little more blue to it just because I like blue and the original color is more silver. I do sell the Z1R color but only in acrylic lacquer.

www.paintworkz.com

84 Gpz900 street
77 KZ 1325 Turbo Dragbike project
79 CBX Pro Stock projects (2)
78 Z1R-TC AMA & ECTA LSR record holder
68 750 Enfield Brat project
82 750 Nourish Triumph LSR
Lake Havasu City, AZ