KZ750 customizing options?

More
05 Jul 2006 12:33 #59518 by Draco
KZ750 customizing options? was created by Draco
I am considering 2 styles to customize my bike.
It is a toss up between a cafe racer, and a solo seat with a regular cruiser rear fender, and possible a pillion pad, and a short sissy bar.
My question is this:
Which would be easier and more practical for someone who is on a tight budget and has very limited access to specialized tools, and no access to a garage.
I like the Cafe styling, but the wife like to ride along.
Also it seems that there would be quite a bit of fabrication involved with fitting a cafe seat/rear.
Also wondering how hard it would be to fit a solo seat and a cruiser rear fender. would this involve frame mods, etc.?
Sorry for the long post, but I just want to get a better idea of what I can expect before I get in over my head.
Thanks in advance!

Post edited by: Draco, at: 2006/07/05 15:59

Post edited by: Draco, at: 2006/07/05 20:13

Post edited by: Draco, at: 2006/07/06 08:34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2006 05:35 #59616 by Draco
Replied by Draco on topic KZ750 customizing options?
bump!:whistle: :P :whistle:

More
06 Jul 2006 16:50 #59739 by duncan
Replied by duncan on topic KZ750 customizing options?
can you post a side picture of the bike?

if a line drawn under the tank and seat is essentially a straight line, a cafe racer style will fit, though the typical cafe racer seat won't accomodate your wife.

if the line under the tank and seat is a V shape, the cruiser look is a better fit, and i'd check out the 1980 kz750 LTD model to see if it's rear fender would fit on your frame, and go with a stepped seat or separate pillion seat for your wife.

here's the 1980 750E:

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...6&func=detail&id=130

and here's the 1980 750 LTD

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=1201

seems to me the 1980 750E has a shallow V shape, and could go either way. whichever style you prefer.