Changed handle bars!

More
21 Jun 2014 11:28 #637403 by CoN2389
Changed handle bars! was created by CoN2389
1982 kz550 ltd c
Changed handle bars to european ones. Kind of like sport a lil more rise I think. I need a shorter clutch cable. Does anyone know the length since ik a lot of us have changed handle bars! Also my throttle seems to be getting stuck. It goes when I accelerate but won't snap back. Spring is good. Perhaps it's the new bars and there powder coating? Also front brake is stuck shut. Not sure where that happened during the change out! Thanks for any info guys!

Con

-CoN2389

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2014 14:10 #637412 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Changed handle bars!
You could estimate the needed length of the clutch cable by disconnecting it at the lever, then figure out the overage. Z1Enterprises.com includes the measurements w their cables.
The Motion Pro 03-0030 clutch cable is probably a close match to what you'd need (Z!E # MP03-0030)

For the throttle cables, remove the tank & disconnect them at the carburetors & figure that out. Then see if Z1Enterprises has anything. If needed, Motion Pro makes custom cables.

Stuck front brake: the lever could be binding because of the powder coating? stuck mc piston? clogged mc? stuck caliper piston? stuck caliper from the powder coating??? ... just some possibilities.... :unsure:

More
21 Jun 2014 15:18 #637426 by CoN2389
Replied by CoN2389 on topic Changed handle bars!
Thanks for the info bud I got it all sorted out an out back together everything works great just need the carbs synced.

Thanks

-CoN2389