Help, need the original blue paint!

More
07 Jun 2014 22:21 #635741 by Tuxedocat
Help, need the original blue paint! was created by Tuxedocat
Hey, I am going to get my tank and plastic sides repainted, dents removes on my 1978 kz200.. but I can't find the original blue. Body shops have scanned it, looked at samples but all matches come up short. I even visited an industrial paint shop with no success. I wanted repaint it in that blue. Does anybody have any idea where to find that blue paint or what it is? Thanks guys!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2014 23:55 #635743 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Help, need the original blue paint!
Do you know if any KZ1000s or Kawasaki Triples were painted the same color? Colorite & Paintworkz are the only two places I can think of, and I would guess if they know, they would have info on one of the more valuable or desirable models.

More
08 Jun 2014 07:28 #635767 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Help, need the original blue paint!
Are you looking for rattle can paint? If so, I think you're screwed. Best bet would be to look around for a late model car with a color that's close, then look for some Duplicolor spray paint.

If you want paint for a spray gun, then just take your side cover with you to an automotive paint supplier and have them match the color. That's part of everyday business for those kind of shops. The better shops won't even charge you money for the work. Hopefully, the local regulations don't prohibit the sale of paint over the counter, or force you to spray waterborne crap. My local area is making it hard on us in this regard.